CLICK HERE TO ACCESS BROADCAST AND CHAT. Hi, Thought I'd kill this afternoon off by having a chat with anyone who's around. I'll be streaming (audio only) from around 3:30pm BST. It'll be abou
By: LL_Hayden | Comments: 27 | Views: 3401 | Votes: 4 | Shared: 0
Leaked: Aug-28-2015 in Other Items from Liveleakers
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE STREAM AND WATCH THE SHOW! On tonight's show we're obviously going to be talking about the events in Paris and the response from around the world including the conspiracy the
By: LL_Hayden | Comments: 91 | Views: 8313 | Votes: 6 | Shared: 8
Leaked: Jan-8-2015 in Your Say, Other Items from Liveleakers
TO WATCH THE SHOW CLICK HERE! Tonight it is ALMOST The LiveLeak Show. I'll be joined this evening by Keith Moon (Not the drummer...I mean the member. And that's supposing his current dose of ebola
CLICK HERE TO JOIN STREAM It's Thursday and that means streamday! Although this ISN'T The LiveLeak Show it isn't a spare room broadcast either so it's sort of half way in between kind of thing. Joi
TO VIEW THE STREAM CLICK HERE! Without doubt this is THE final spare room broadcast from yours truly. Never mind what you've been told or what the rumours are, this is definitely the last one.
You have to be logged into LL to use the chat function. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS STREAM Contrary to previous information THIS is the last, totally the last, not the penultimate but the very, very last
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE STREAM Yes, this time it's absolutely, undoubtedly, not going back on my word this time, the very last stream from my spare room. Maybe. Things have been crazy lately wi
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIVE STREAM Well, it's almost 8 years since LiveLeak tore it's way from the screaming womb of our imagination and into your computers and what better way to celebrate than
By: LL_Hayden | Comments: 76 | Views: 4494 | Votes: 10 | Shared: 1
Leaked: Oct-30-2014 in Your Say, Other Items from Liveleakers
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE STREAM This could be the last stream from the spare room for a while **sad face** but it's going to happen and by the Lord Harry it'll be...well...probably pretty average but
By: LL_Hayden | Comments: 61 | Views: 3789 | Votes: 2 | Shared: 0
Leaked: Oct-23-2014 in Your Say, Other Items from Liveleakers
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE STREAM Whatever I did in a past life must have been terrible because it's time for our weekly chat / hangout / abuse each other session. I'll be streaming live again from
By: LL_Hayden | Comments: 82 | Views: 4549 | Votes: 5 | Shared: 2
Leaked: Oct-16-2014 in Your Say, Other Items from Liveleakers
You need to be registered in order to add comments!
Blog 'LiveLeak Blog'
Added: Dec-8-2011 By: LL_Hayden
Welcome to the official LiveLeak blog. In here we'll be posting about developments, issues, and anything else related to the site.
Let's talk about LiveLeak.Entry Added: 4 days ago By: LL_Hayden
Funny thing about running a site, people project onto you a hell of a lot. They're always telling you what you are, why you do things, and what you should be doing (which means what they think they'd do in our position). It's never ending and given that the Internet is the world's most powerful amplifier it's often angry and very confrontational because we all know the best way to make a point is to completely lose your shit whilst making it.
I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to tell you what LiveLeak really is, how it works, and what it's about. Now, I'm sure many will believe this is bullshit because it doesn't tally with what they believe for whatever reason but I'm used to that. This is exactly how it is though so take it as you will.
- LiveLeak is a video sharing website.
- LiveLeak does not care what you believe or think.
- LiveLeak is not a person with an opinion, it is a vehicle designed to be as impartial as is possible with any organisation where human beings are involved.
- LiveLeak is a co-operative with everyone working or running their own businesses. We know the site could be monetised far more, we know what valuations you've read on the Internet. We aren't interested.
- LiveLeak has a team of mods and admins. Some are members, some come from outside. There is no single thought process, no central belief. Volunteer mods do it because they want to help the site. People claiming mod bias are projecting exactly how they would behave onto them. Yes, mods get it wrong. Yes, we've had the odd dodgy one. Mostly they are amazing and help keep the place alive so you can complain :)
- LiveLeak doesn't support Israel nor Palestine. LiveLeak does not have a religion.
- LiveLeak has rules to protect the site. Before lashing out and accusing us of political correctness take a look around the site and read the comments. No opinion is off limits. If you still think we're politically correct you're basically a moron.
- LiveLeak will never run how YOU want. It isn't YOUR site. We have to take many opinions into account along with running a business to keep it alive. Whilst we don't doubt your ability to do it better you could at least prove it first.
- LiveLeak is beholden to nobody. We have no outside shareholders, no shadowy investors, and the only partnerships we have are based on showing media. We've pissed off more governments and organisations over our ten years than most manage in a lifetime.
- LiveLeak is awesome. For all the complaining we're still here every day. Why? The media, the people, the lulz.
- LiveLeak is NOT based on my personal opinion and nor should it ever be. Nothing is picked or removed based on my sensibilities. My personal opinions do not shape this site because they're my personal opinions and nothing more.
I dearly love this site. Yes, it has changed since 2006 if it hadn't it would have died long ago. LiveLeak evolves, no mission statements, no long term roadmaps, just an organically evolving site which operates in a rare state of independence. We don't always get it right, we don't always make the right choices, but we're still here and still going strong.
So remember, if you start thinking we're opposed to your point of view the chances are we pretty much don't actually care. Not supporting your beliefs isn't the same as opposing them, it's what allows us to continue as we are.
Have fun!You need to be registered in order to add comments!
Season's GreetingsEntry Added: Dec-22-2016 By: LL_Hayden
I've just finished the show and I'd like to get home before midnight if I can but I wanted to hop in here just briefly.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, and a happy and healthy New Year. Thank you for being on LL, whether you contribute or lurk, support or troll, and for supporting the site through this past year. I hope 2017 brings you and yours all the good things you deserve.
All the best
Hayden and the LL Team.You need to be registered in order to add comments!
Features!Entry Added: Dec-19-2016 By: LL_Hayden
As 2016 draws to a close I'm working my way through some of my inbox backlog where I can (Still have 595 unread messages...damn!) and one complaint keep popping up, the featured media section. Every time we feature a viral video certain folks trot out the same old story about how it's the death of LiveLeak or how they could do SO much better running a site (if only someone gave them one fully formed and ready to go, traffic included).
For the Birthday show we played SomeTosser's video where he - in a tongue in cheek fashion - poked fun at how nice and gentle our featured media section had become. To answer it we made a short video where we picked three random weeks from 2016 and showed the graphic media uploaded and featured. On further investigation it turns out we featured more graphic media in 2016 than we did in 15, or 14 yet more people are complaining.
The featured media section is a shop window, the idea is we show a cross section of what's available on the site including viral media which helps drive traffic to the site, bring in ad revenue, and keep LL afloat. As I've pointed out before we don't have any revenue generation based on selling your info or anything like that, we rely on ads. More traffic = more views = more revenue. Keep in mind LiveLeak is WAY smaller than YouTube but the costs of keeping LL online are still pretty damn scary. Thing is, we get by.
If showing viral videos and the like on the front page helps us get by then that's what we're going to do. Please keep in mind you can always simply visit "Recent Media" and see everything that comes up without us picking them if you prefer.
I understand we all want everything to work just how we want but this is still a free site which asks nothing from you, not even your name and no identifying info. It's completely free to store your media, completely free to comment on the media of others, and free to complain bitterly when you don't get your own way. And long may that continue. Someone still has to pay for your free, though.
Oh, and if you use an adblocker and still complain I totally hope you get athlete's foot in your crotch for Christmas.You need to be registered in order to add comments!