When the hotel next to Dan FjellStröm's house is full, his basement fills with poop.
A fully booked hotels meant that Dan Fjell Ströms basement filled with 60 cubic meter (2119 cubic feet) of poop.
Now the municipality has granted planning permission for another hotel - without increasing the sewer capacity.
Then Dan made an appeal - but was refused.
- It completely sucks, the Arjeplog inhabitant bellows.
At Örberget in Arjeplog there is already a hotel which is often filled with guests during the market days at the resort and it draws many visitors to the pub.
But nothing good without something bad, at least for Dan Fjellström, whose property is located a few hundred meters from the hotel.
He has been hit hard by the international influx - with feces all over the basement.
- I have had a less flooding 2004 and a big 2008 when 60 cubic meters of faeces filled the basement, he says to Aftonbladet.
The floods have occurred at the same time of year, during the winter market in early March.
Then the society becomes the host of the many car companies engaged in winter testing in Arjeplog.Now Arjeplog granted planning permission for yet another hotel room with less than 100 rooms.
Many thinks it's good, but Dan Fjellström is worried.
- It is a competitor to the existing hotel which is about to build, but then will connect to the same sewer system as the current hotel. It can be calculated with the knees that if you build another hotel the sewers will get jammed.
He appealed the building permit to the County Board in Norrbotten, but he was not considered to be affected by the new construction.
- The property is 700 meters away and we have made an assessment that he is not interested in the building permit. He is not a party or an interested party in this, says Karin Hansson, general counsel at the county administrative board.But Dan Fjellström have not given up.
"The boot shafts was not enough"
He has appealed the County Administrative Board's decision and the appeal included a picture from the flood in 2008.
- It was stopping the drain and so it came as a back pressure through the toilet. The power was gone when it happened and it was dark when I walked down with boots in the basement. The boot shafts was not enough, says Dan.
A cleanup company was called in, and a renovation of 1.3 million was required to remove the poo that filled up the basement.
Dan FjellStröms son who lives in the house were at work in China when it happened.- He went mad when he heard about it. The remediation firm said they had never seen anything so bad says Dan.
Want to see reinforcement
He has nothing against building a new hotel, but want the municipality to strengthen and build new sewer pipes to ensure that flooding does not happen again.
- One wonders where the boundaries are for anyone who is affected, and who it is that sets the limit. I have suggested that the municipality will build a bypass past our property, then they can exploit unlimited.Dans appeal will be handled by the Land and Environment Court.
Source (swedish): http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article15561263.ab
|Liveleak on Facebook|