Safe Mode: On
Asrar’s murder case solved: Police

Majid Kapra
Agence India Press, Correspondent
July 15, 2009

Police on Wednesday claimed to have solved the murder of a 19-year-old youth, which led to violent protests and strikes in the Kashmir valley last week, by arresting two of his gymnasium-mates including the one who had allegedly killed him following a feud over a girl.
The probe into the killing of Asrar Mushtaq was conducted by the outgoing team of Srinagar range comprising Inspector General of Police (Kashmir range) B Srinivas, DIG Muneer Khan and SSP S. A. Mujtaba, which was transferred yesterday.
They had been working on this case and certain leads were received from the mobile phone records of the deceased, which had been switched off after his death on July 3.
Giving details about the killing of the youth, which had brought Kashmir valley to a standstill for three days after his body was recovered from Rainawari area on July 8, police said there was a verbal dual between the deceased and his alleged killer Imran, a student himself, over a girl.
The arrest has put an end to the claims of separatists and second rung mainstream politicians that Asrar was allegedly killed in police custody.
Imran, who was arrested late last night, has allegedly told the police during interrogation that Asrar had been making advances towards his girlfriend (whose identity has not been disclosed) Police said to Agence India Press in a statement.
On the fateful evening, Imran and Asim decided to teach Asrar, a lesson and he was invited to Imran's house in Soura to sort out the matter, police said, adding that at his house, Imran allegedly banged the head of Mushtaq with steel rod used in gymnasium.
Asrar died on July 3, and the body was allegedly kept by Imran in his room for 3 days, police said.
He later took his uncle's car from Karan Nagar on July seven and dumped the body during night at Malkha in Rainawari area besides throwing his blood-soaked clothes at another place and mobile phone near Maulana Azad Road, police claimed.
The alleged killer had hid Asrar's motorbike Bajaj Pulsar bearing registration number JKO1L 5280 at Asim's house in Soura, who has also been arrested in this case. Police claimed that they recovered the blood-stained clothes of Asrar and his motorcycle.
Soon after Asrar had gone missing, the police was accused by protesters of having picked him up for questioning.
However after the incident disclosed accused of the Asrar’s murder, The father of Asrar said to Agence India Press that they are thankful to the police and expected the punishment to the accused involved in the murder case.

Added: Jul-15-2009 Occurred On: Jul-14-2009
By: aipworld
Middle East
Tags: Agence, India, Press
Views: 10547 | Comments: 0 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE