Help the most vulnerable victims of this terrible disaster.
*******3 DONATION LINKS BELOW********
(Music: Edo Notarloberti - "The First Was A Death Woman")
"Save the Children needs your support to help us meet the most critical needs of children and families affected by the earthquake in Haiti. Your donation will help us provide urgently needed medical attention, safe drinking water, and other necessities.
Donate now to support Save the Children's immediate and long-term response to the children and families in Haiti affected by the earthquake."
Here is a list of the many other organizations accepting donations:
• InterAction has a list of agencies responding and how to donate to them. Find it here
• American Red Cross -- Text “HAITI” to “90999″ to make a $10 donation. Phone Number: (800) REDCROSS (733-2767).
• AmeriCares -- AmeriCares gives disaster relief and humanitarian medical aid to people in crisis in the USA and around the world. Phone Number: (800) 486-4357
• Doctors Without Borders has set up teams in Haiti to treat the injured; They are accepting donations to help the effort.
• Haitian League -- Founded, in 2003, the nonprofit headed by Union Township-based Haitian native is also active in hurricane relief efforts.
• Haiti Solidarity Network -- A networking organization that brings together Haitians in New Jersey.
• To find out how to help the International Rescue Committee, visit http://www.theIRC.org or call toll free, 1-877-REFUGEE.
• To donate through Oxfam's emergency appeal, visit http://www.oxfam.org.uk
• UNICEF -- UNICEF U.S. Fund, which helps children around the world, is accepting donations on their website.
• Yele Haiti -- The Haitian-born Wyclef Jean, who grew up near East Orange, called the earthquake a "natural disaster of unprecedented proportion," His non-profit is donating $5 to the Yele Haiti Earthquake Fund to those who text "Yele" to 501501 (the charge appears on your cell phone bill).
• Habitat for Humanity International is addressing shelter solutions for low-income families affected by the 7.0 magnitude earthquake that struck Haiti. To lend support, donations are being accepted at http://www.habitat.org.
• International Medical Corps (800) 481-4462. By mail: International Medical Corps, ATTN: Development Dept., 1919 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 400, Santa Monica, CA 90404.
In: News, Other
Tags: save the children, haiti, fund, haitian, disaster, relief, port-au-prince, earthquake, donations, victims, donate, charity, charitable, ghastlyghost, 2010
Location: Port-au-prince, Ouest, Haiti (load item map)
Marked as: approved
Views: 8311 | Comments: 20 | Votes: 3 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
|Liveleak on Facebook|