Occupy Wall Street – Day 20 (October 5, 2011) – more than 20,000 demonstrate in NYC; unions join the protest; protests spread to a dozen cities…___US major media outlets coverage remains partial. Human Rights Alert (NGO) calls for expanding the protests to target the state and US courts, the legal profession, and the US Department of Justice, “their corruption is mutually dependent and synergistic”.
Los Angeles, October 5, 2011 - on its 20th day, the Occupy Wall Street protests are only getting bigger:
* Alternet.com - This Is Only Getting Bigger: 20, 000 Rally in New York to Support Occupy Wall Street [i] Despite another
clash with police, the Occupy Wall Street movement continues to gain support as unions and community groups march in solidarity.
Alternet: Unions join the protests
* New York Times – Unions join Protest against Wall Street [[ii]]
Protests have spread to dozens of cities, including Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles.
New York Times: Occupy Wall Street protesters on Wednesday in a rally on the steps of the state courthouse in Foley Square. [underline, bold added - jz]
* Haaretz – Protest against Capitalism Spreads across the United States [[iii]]
Haaretz: Map of protest locations in the United States.
Major media outlets coverage remains partial. [[iv]]
Online stream line video broadcast is maintained… [[v]]
Human Rights Alert (NGO) calls for expanding the protests to target the state and US courts, the legal profession and the US Department of Justice, “their corruption is mutually dependent and synergistic”. [[vi]]
Corruption of government and financial institutions, and repression of Freedom of the Press in “western democracies” will be one of the subjects of discussion in the Jerusalem al-Quds 2012 Summer Celebration. [[vii]]
[i] 11-10-05 This is Only Getting Bigger_ 20,000 Rally in New York to Support Occupy Wall Street _ AlterNet
[ii] 11-10-06 Protest Spreads to a Dozen Cities; Major Unions Join Occupy Wall Street Protest _ NYTimes
[iii] 11-10-06 Protest against Capitalism Spreads across the United States _ Haaretz
[iv] 11-09-21 Occupy Wall Street - Day 5 Pics (Sept 21, 2011) - ongoing media blackout
11-09-23 Fear of Repression of Internet Communications in the United States…_Chronicles of Higher Education
[v] Occupy Wall Street: Online stream line video:
[vi] 11-10-04 Los Angeles demonstrators should target the banks, the courts, and the legal profession – their corruption is mutually dependent and synergistic
[vii]  11-08-26 Joseph’s Dream 2012 // Hazon Yosef 2012 // Tajaliyyat Yusuf 2012 // El sueño de José 2012 // ???? 2012 - Jerusalem Al-Quds 2012 Love, Peace and Justice (dance/music/art/study/pray) Summer Celebration
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
Flag Counter: 126
Total Reads: 565,060
Total Item Views: 510,338
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?
* Foreclosure fraud: The homeowner nightmares continue
CNN (April 7, 2011)
* About 3 million homes have been repossessed since the housing boom ended in 2006 That number could balloon to about 6 million by 2013
Bloomberg (January 2011)
* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?
* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)
In: Regional News
Tags: corruption of US financial institutions, corruption of the US justice system
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States (load item map)
Views: 8349 | Comments: 37 | Votes: 2 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 4
|Liveleak on Facebook|