Safe Mode: On
Family Electrocuted While Erecting Ham Radio Antenna

WOFL: Authorities say the family was attempting to raise the antenna when they lost control of the pole and it struck an overhead power line. The impact sent 13,000 volts of electricity through the pole the three were holding.

Authorities say rescue crews responded to a 911 call about the electrocution Monday evening when they found the three on the ground not breathing.

Authorities have identified the victims as 55-year-old Melville Braham, 49-year-old Ana Braham and 15-year-old Anthony Braham.

Authorities say the family was attempting to raise the antenna when they lost control of the pole and it struck an overhead power line. The impact sent 13,000 volts of electricity through the pole the three were holding.

The mother was pronounced dead at the scene. The father and son were taken to a hospital where they were pronounced dead.

The Palm Bay Police Department Victim Services unit is working closely with the surviving family members.

Loading the player ...
Embed CodeSwitch Player
Plays: 10458 (Embed: 0)

Added: Oct-13-2009 Occurred On: Oct-12-2009
By: bellava
In:
News
Tags: Family, Electrocuted, While, Erecting, Ham, Radio, Antenna
Location: Palm Bay, Florida, United States (load item map)
Views: 13349 | Comments: 21 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 48 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE