In November 2012, for the first time ever, members of the public will be able to vote for a Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) to act as “the voice of the people and hold the police to account” in their police force area.
Police and crime commissioners (PCCs) will aim to cut crime and deliver an effective and efficient police service within their force area.
To provide stronger and more transparent accountability of the police, PCCs will be elected by the public to hold chief constables and the force to account; effectively making the police answerable to the communities they serve.
Police and crime commissioners will ensure community needs are met as effectively as possible, and will improve local relationships through building confidence and restoring trust. They will also work in partnership across a range of agencies at local and national level to ensure there is a unified approach to preventing and reducing crime.
PCCs will not be expected to run the police. The role of the PCC is to be the voice of the people and hold the police to account.
(Source: Home Office.)
British Freedom is pleased to announce Party co-Vice Chairman Kevin Carroll as PCC candidate for the Bedfordshire Police Authority. Kevin has strong views on policing and amongst other things will be campaigning for:
• An end to cuts in the police service.
• Substantial improvements to pay and conditions of officers on the street, who are at the sharp end of crime and disorder in Britain.
• An end to political correctness, which is forced on officers by their politicised superiors, hampering their ability to deal with serious crime. Officers tackling crime out on the street need to know that they have 100% backing of their superiors.
• An end to ‘two-tier’ policing. The law should apply equally to all sections of the community.
• Strong policing of anti-social behaviour that blights the lives of many families.
• No more police time wasted on manning speed traps.
• A crackdown on the dealing of hard drugs.
• The police force once again focused on dramatically reducing serious crime — criminals and organised gangs should fear the consequences of their actions.
For Kevin’s candidacy, we need to raise a deposit of £5000, and are asking members and supporters to give what they can, so that British Freedom can begin making Britain’s police service properly accountable to the law-abiding majority who pay for it.
KEVIN CARROLL FOR BEDFORDSHIRE POLICE COMMISSIONER!
Note: If the deposit target is not reached or the deposit is returned, donations will be used by British Freedom for future publicity, campaigning and election expenses.
Tags: Kevin, Carroll, For, Police, Commissioner!
Location: London, England, United Kingdom (UK/GB) (load item map)
Marked as: approved
Views: 782 | Comments: 29 | Votes: 3 | Favorites: 1 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 2
|Liveleak on Facebook|