Javed Aktar, 42, will appear in court on Friday charged with a terrorism offence
He is one of more than a dozen suspected terrorists arrested in the last week
Anti-terrorism officers are grilling a man accused of planning to blow up the Olympic Park during the Games using a car filled with explosives.
Specialist police from London are in Blackpool, Lancashire, to speak to Javed Aktar who has been charged with making the deadly threat.
He is one of more than a dozen suspected terrorists arrested in the last week as security services try to 'clear the decks' before the Olympics start later this month.
Britain's top expert on terrorism legislation, David Anderson QC, also said police and MI5 are 'defending further up the field' to avoid any 7/7 or 9/11-style attacks when London hosts the Games.
42-year-old Aktar is currently being held in custody and will appear before magistrates in Blackpool on Friday.
He has been charged with leading another person into believing that he had explosives, namely Semtex, in Blackpool with intent to cause an explosion.
Aktar is further charged with racially aggravated threatening behaviour towards a police sergeant.Police were alerted when the witness managed to make a 999 call on his mobile phone.
At a court hearing earlier this week Aktar was remanded in custody.
Aktar is one of 14 suspected terrorists arrested last week.
Detectives have been granted more time to question a 22-year-old woman over another suspected terror plot in the UK.
Five men arrested last week in connection with the same plot, including British Muslim convert Richard Dart, can also be held until tomorrow after Westminster magistrates granted a series of warrants of further detention, police said.
A seventh person held in the raids, a 30-year-old woman, was released without charge on Saturday.
Dart, 29, who changed his name to Salahuddin al-Britani after converting, was one of the six people arrested over the suspected terror plot last Thursday.
He is believed to have been one of three people detained in Ealing, west London, and was arrested in the street.
He appeared in a BBC Three documentary, My Brother The Islamist, made by his stepbrother Robb Leech last year, which described how Dart, originally from Weymouth, Dorset, had been converted by controversial cleric Anjem Choudary.
In the documentary he spoke of his support for jihad and sharia law.
The others detained in Ealing were a 21-year-old man and a 30-year-old woman held at separate home addresses. The woman has since been released without charge.
Three men living just over a mile from the Olympic site in Stratford, east London, were also arrested.
The men, aged 18, 24 and 26, who are believed to be members of the same Bangladeshi family, were detained in a raid on their home.
The six, who include a former police community support officer, remain in custody at a south-east London police station on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
The alleged plan involved Islamist extremists with potential targets in the UK, but was not linked to the Olympics, it is understood.
The threat to the UK from international terrorism is currently rated substantial - the third highest of five levels.
THREE MORE APPEAR IN COURT TODAY ON TERROR CHARGES
Three men have appeared in court in connection with terrorism charges.
Anzal Hussain, 24, Mohammed Saud and Zohaib Ahmed, both 22, appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court charged under Section 5(1) of the Terrorism Act 2006.
They are jointly accused of preparing an act or acts of terrorism between May 1 and July 4 this year.
The three men, all from Birmingham, face an allegation that they took part in activities including the manufacture of an improvised explosive device, the acquisition of firearms and other weapons, and the purchase of motor vehicles connected with the charges.
The charges follow a series of arrests made last week by the West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit, assisted by the North East Counter Terrorism Unit.
Three other terror suspects appeared at the same court on charged with similar offences after shotguns, a nail bomb, machetes and a note addressed to a right-wing group were found in a car stopped by police on the M1.
Jewel Uddin, 26, Omar Mohammed Khan, 27, and Mohammed Hasseen, 23, were arrested after a routine stop of a Renault Laguna by police near Sheffield on Saturday June 30.
It was alleged that a cache of weapons was found in that vehicle along with a note addressed to the English Defence League, which was planning a rally in South Yorkshire that day.
The court heard today Hussain, Saud and Ahmed, who were arrested on July 4, were allegedly travelling in a gold Rover which was in a convoy with the Laguna. The three men spoke briefly in court to confirm their personal details.
No applications for bail were made and Deputy Chief Magistrate Daphne Wickham remanded them in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on July 31.
|Liveleak on Facebook|