Safe Mode: On
Baby rescued from vent

10/12/2007

CUMBERLAND COUNTY, N.J. -- A mother from Cumberland County, New Jersey, said she'll never look at a heating duct the same way after finding her young son inside one.
"I have nightmares about this," Ashley Kahn said. "All I see is his eyes and the top of his head."

On Sunday morning Kahn's 18-months-old son Patrick, somehow got past a grate and plummeted 10 feet down the ductwork of the family's Millville home.

The toddler ended up trapped behind a wall after falling from the bedroom he shares with his brother to the dining room one floor below.

"I thought I was going to lose him. I thought he was going to suffocate," Kahn said. "It was the scariest day of my life."

"He was crying. It was one of the one times, I really didn't mind him crying," said the boy's father, Paul Blakeslee.

Blakeslee called 911.

Millville firefighters soon arrived and began

Loading the player ...
Embed CodeSwitch Player
Plays: 10191 (Embed: 0)

Added: Oct-13-2007 
By: bellava
In:
News
Tags: Baby, in, heating, vent, rescued
Views: 10752 | Comments: 9 | Votes: 1 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 1 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE