-When 41-year-old Peter Thompson arrived in a UK hospital after having a concoction of alcohol and drugs, it’s reasonable to expect that he would have bene treated. He wasn’t. Instead, he collapsed on the floor, just 200 yards from the emergency center. And there he lay, for 10 hours, as nurses stepped around him dismissing him as a mere drunk. He died because of the inaction.
The Daily Mail reports:
The scenes which shame the NHS were all captured on CCTV. Staff thought Mr Thompson was merely drunk and left him to ‘sleep it off’.
Yesterday a coroner condemned the death as ‘wholly preventable’.
An inquest heard that the father-of-one, who had consumed a cocktail of drink and drugs, could have been saved had he received emergency treatment.
The hospital’s accident and emergency department was just 200 yards away.
Last night it emerged that three
|Liveleak on Facebook|