'Pyramid schemes': Illegitimate businesses that enrich themselves not from product sales but off of their own salesmen/women. They attract people with promises of easy money and keep them through cult-like tactics.
What are cult-like tactics?
- Increase separation of target with family through constant meetings until a wedge is formed between family and cult ("trust us -- they don't understand you like we do")
- Total obedience and trust in hierarchical structure -- emotions based conditioning ("this is the BEST way, it is the ONLY way... Listen to what this guy has to say, he is the leader, he is a success, and he KNOWS what he's talking about. Everyone that listens to him and does exactly what he says will succeed").
- Condition followers to express hostility toward ANY criticism
- Greater monetary demands over time (fees, donations)
- Constant, repetitive slogans in
|Liveleak on Facebook|