Formula Offroad Matrand, Norway 2012 - INSANE Racing - EXTREME Killclimb - Nitrous Oxide - HD. Around 800 to 2000 HP's
- Locked front and rear diff. as well as the centre transfer case. When one tyre is turning they all are.
- Gear ratios are lowered and usually have slightly higher ratios up front. This makes the front wheels turn a little faster and makes the vehicle easier to steer in the extreme situations.
- Engines are big blocks V8-cylinder petrol engines. A Nitrous Oxide system gives an extra couple of hundred bhp when the pedal is floored.
- An automatic transmission with a torque coverter with a stall speed of about 5,000RPM. Driveline kicks in around 5,000rpm.
- Sand drag tyres for maximum traction. The Unlimited class allows the use of paddle tyres that are built on racing slicks with the paddles welded on. The Modified Street class uses diecast sand drag tyres with slightly smaller shovels.
- Suspension is made so accommodate fast changing surfaces. The older trucks have coil springs while newer trucks have air springs that are easier to adjust according to each track. A new type of suspension is also being tested by at least one contestant. It’s similar to your typical motorcycle, where the shock absorber and the suspension arm is built into a single unit.
- A specially built roll cage is required for all vehicles.
- Steering is hydraulic and definitely not allowed on the street.
Tags: Formula, Offroad, Matrand, Norway, 2012, Insane, Racing, Nitrous, Oxide, HD.
Location: Matrand, Hedmark, Norway (load item map)
Views: 3906 | Comments: 12 | Votes: 7 | Favorites: 5 | Shared: 12 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 2
|Liveleak on Facebook|