Safe Mode: On
Woman's face catches fire during surgery

Rule #1: There is no such thing as routine surgery.

A 29-year-old mother of three is recovering in an Alabama burn unit after her face caught fire during a routine surgery earlier this week.

Kim Grice, of Holt, Fla., was having three cysts removed from her head at a hospital in Crestview, Fla., on Tuesday when a flash fire erupted, torching her face and neck, family members told the Crestview News Bulletin.




The blaze quickly fizzled, and doctors rushed her to the emergency room at North Okaloosa Medical Center, where she was stabilized.




She was then flown to the University of South Alabama Medical Center, where family members said she was able to talk to them on Wednesday. Her mother, Ann Grice,
-


Added: Dec-2-2011 Occurred On: Dec-2-2011
By: Smurfee10
In:
Other News
Tags: woman, surgery, face, fire,
Views: 6933 | Comments: 32 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 2 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 2
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first | Highest score first
Liveleak opposes racial slurs - if you do spot comments that fall into this category, please report them for us to review.