Safe Mode: On
Thugs terrorizing Bronx mail carriers

A team of muggers is targeting postal carriers in the Bronx, police said Monday.

The team has struck at least four times, investigators believe. In each incident a group of men threatened the mail carriers with a weapon or threw them to the ground, then made off with mail, cops said.

The first incident was on Jan. 8 of last year on Father Zeiser Place in University Heights, officials said. Since then, the team struck again at least three times in the Concourse area of the Bronx - on Dec. 2 on Morris Ave., on Jan 6 on Marcy Place and on Feb. 22 on McClellan St.

Police released a sketch yesterday of a suspect in the most recent incident. He is 18 to 22 years old, 5-feet-6 and 175 pounds with black hair. He was wearing a dark jacket in the incidents.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/03/15/2011-03-15_thugs_taking_aim_at_bronx_mail_carriers.html#ixzz1IQ4v9d5E


Click to view image: '3b62eab8fe81-27239626_240x135.jpg'

Added: Apr-2-2011 
By: crimewatcher
In:
News
Tags: mail carriers, crime, thugs, bronxe
Views: 5040 | Comments: 12 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE