Drivers in the US witnessed "the best looking disaster ever" after $50,000 worth of fireworks were accidentally set off at a roadside stand. Blogger David McHenry, 28, was heading home from an evening out in Chester, West Virginia, on June 26 when he saw the explosions and quickly started recording with his mobile phone.
"Was on my way to an evening out with my girlfriend when they were setting this up. On our way home, we got a $50,000 firework display put on," Mr McHenry wrote.
"Sadly this is probably the best looking disaster you'll ever see.
"No one was hurt, but a few did bounce off the cop car sitting right next to it."
McMcHenry wrote that fireworks, which normally detonate high in the air, were exploding at heights between three and four and a half metres.
The accidental pyrotechnics display, which is believed to have started inside a tent outside a highway bar and grill, was over in 45 minutes, Mr McHenry told the Daily Mail.
It may have been sparked by a short circuit in an electrical cord, the Charleston Gazette reports.
Chip Kohser was charged with selling illegal fireworks.
He has reportedly denied the charges, saying he only sold fireworks to visitors from outside the state, as fireworks are banned under West Virginia law.
|Liveleak on Facebook|