No shame left in the Los Angeles Jewish Community; Sandor Samuels, Countrywide's Chief Legal Officer and alleged racketeer, is again President of Bet Tzedek - "The House of Justice"...
"Tovel ve-Sheretz be-Yado" is the Talmudic expression describing one who pretends to dip for purification, while holding on to his devious ways. If last time around the Jewish community could have claimed ignorance, that is no longer the case. NYT's Krugman summed it up: "...a system in which ... bankers... can cheat and defraud without consequences." And Samuels was and is one of the key figures in it...
Los Angeles, March 17 - Sandor Samuels is former Chief Legal Officer of Countrywide and Associate General Counsel of Bank of America. The repeat appointment of Sandor Samuels as President of Bet Tzedek, 'The House of Justice', an affiliate of the Los Angeles Jewish Federation, is a shameless ruse", said Joseph Zernik, PhD. "If last time around the Jewish community could have claimed ignorance, that is no longer the case."
Both Bet Tzedek and the Los Angeles Jewish Federation have consistently refused since 2007 to respond on the question: Does either Bet Tzedek or the Jewish Federation have grievance procedures to address complaint of fraud and racketeering by Sandor Samuels in his capacity as President of Bet Tzedek on the grounds of Bet Tzedek, in collusion with David Pasternak, former President, and Terry Friedman, former Executive Director?
The recent announcement by Sandor Samuels of a fund-raiser for the Holocaust Survivors Fund is exploitation, only matching his 2007 campaign against fraud in churches and synagogues across Southern California. Then he styled himself as a real estate 'Fraud Buster'. Both then and now, Sandor Samuel and his Bet Tzedek pals, David Pasternak and Terry Friedman, are key figures in alleged racketeering in the Los Angeles Courts. [1-14]
The 2007 campaign was abruptly stopped, when Dr Zernik exposed that Samuels himself was deeply involved in the same conduct he was claiming to 'bust'.
Now, Samuels' announcement of a fund-raiser for Bet Tzedek comes just days after the release by Anonymous, documenting the routine fraud in the courts by Countrywide and Bank of America. With it came Paul Krugman's column in the NYT, describing: "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences." [15-16]
And Sandor Samuels was and is one of the key figures in it...
 10-10-05 The Los Angeles Jewish legal community again asked to assume accountability for conduct of Bet Tzedek, "The House of Justice"
 10-06-11 Call for Accountability by the Jewish Community for Rampant Fraud at Los Angeles Superior Court
 10-10-11 Holly Fujie and Bet Tzedek the Los Angeles Jewish Legal Community Again Asked to Assume Accountability for Conduct of Bet Tzedek The House of Justice
 10-06-21 Dr Zernik s Complaint Filed with Us Attorney Office Los Angeles against Mr David Pasternak for Public Corruption Deprivation of Rights
 07-06-22 Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) Letter Hand Delivered to Sandor Samuels in his capacity as President of Bet Tzedek on the premises of Bet Tzedek
 07-06-20 Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) Bet Tzedek's web pages featuring Sandor Samuels campaign against fraud
 10-05-05 Countrywide, Bank of America [NYSE:BAC], Sandor Samuels, David Pasternak, Terry Friedman, and others: Compilation of Records, Evidence of Racketeering
 10-05-05 Chairs of US Congress Committees of the Judiciary and Banking are Requested to Join Senator Feinstein's Inquiries on Comptroller of the Currency
10-06-11 Complaints Filed with Office of Comptroller of the Currency and SEC against Countrywide, Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Sandor Samuels, and others - alleging fraud and extortion on Dr Zernik, fraud on shareholders, on banking regulators, and on the US taxpayer
 10-07-06 Complaint Filed with US Attorney Office Los Angeles against Sandor Samuels, David Pasternak, Terry Friedman, and others - Alleging Racketeering
 10-07-06 Complaint filed against Sandor Samuels, Brian Moynihan, Bank of America, and Attorneys Jenna Moldawsky and John Amberg - for public corruption and financial institution fraud, relative to their conduct in Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) at the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles.
 10-07-19 Complaint filed with US Attorney Office against Judge John Segal, Clerk John Clarke, Attorney David Pasternak Los Angeles Superior Court for public corruption, racketeering in re: Galdjie v Darwish
 10-08-09 Complaint Filed with US Attorney Office against California Judge Jacqueline Connor for Public Corruption and Racketeering
 10-08-13 RE Karimi v Mithawaila (BD518503) Complaint against Attorney David Pasternak and the Superior Court of California County of Los Angeles
 11-03-14 Anonymous' Leaked Emails Show Evidence of Fraud in the Courts by BofA - No News Any Longer...
 11-03-13 Paul Krugman Re- The Banking Crisis - Another Inside Job - "A system where the bankers can cheat and defraud without consequences..."_ NYTimes
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?
* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?
* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)
|Liveleak on Facebook|