Safe Mode: On
Mad Men creator says "Falling Man" poster is not insensitive

The creator of Mad Men has hit back
over the controversial ‘Falling Man’ style poster for the series by
claiming that it is being used by the media to ‘exploit’ 9/11.Matthew
Weiner said it was ‘ridiculous’ to say he was being insensitive by
using the billboards, which features a man in a suit tumbling through
the sky.He also claimed
the image of a businessman falling out of a window had been around since
before the September 11 2001 attacks - even though Mad Men was first
shown in 2007.Weiner was branded ‘cruel’ and
‘tasteless’ over the use of the advert for the fifth season of Mad Men
by families of those who lost loved ones on 9/11.The
billboard was put up all over Manhattan including streets close to
Ground Zero and shows the black shadow of a man falling against a white
background.New Yorkers
said it reminded them of the iconic image of the ‘Fallin


Added: Mar-19-2012 Occurred On: Mar-19-2012
By: Athena
Other Entertainment
Tags: mad, men
Location: United States (load item map)
Views: 3049 | Comments: 11 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 2
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE