This video shows the life in Rimêlan, a day after it was captured by Kurdish YPG. You can see them guarding checkpoints, making bread for all the people in the town (Kurds, Arabs & Christians), and opening up hospitals. Every liberated city, has to follow this civil code issued by YPG in order to maintain law and order in the city. The YPG however will not enforce these rules, a local police force and a judiciary will be created consisting of every ethnicity. The leadership should at least have 40% of women (not sure about the number).
According to this civil code:
- Under no circumstances can two persons under 18 years marry each other.
- Women can choose their husband freely and forced marriage is prohibited.
- The exchange of women in marriage is prohibited.
- Polygamy is prohibited.
- The dowry is prohibited; instead both husband and wife are responsible for earning the necessities of life.
- The mother should maintain her child till 18 years old, and after the child turns to 18 years, the child can choose her/his fate
- Men and women are equal in inheritance.
This is called the KCK system, to put in practice of Abdullah Ocalan's ideology of democratic confederalism. If you want to know more, either comment or PM me.
|Liveleak on Facebook|