SEATTLE, KOMO NEWS -- A dog owner thinks her dog got sick after accidentally eating marijuana at a Seattle park, and the theory may not be so far-fetched, according to police records.
Jack, a Labrador mix, hasn't had a single health problem since Jen Nestor adopted the stray 11 years ago. But Jack's recent run through the woods at Seward Park caused quite a scare.
Jack's owner said on May 17, Jack wandered off for just three minutes on his own. But three hours later, "his head was rocking back and forth his eyes were glassy," she said.
Nestor is convinced her dog got high on marijuana at the park. She believes the pot must have been stashed somewhere in the green landscape where she unleashed her dog.
Jack's veterinary bills added up to $1,500. His medical records state he was dizzy, disoriented, staggering left to right and falling over when trying to sit. He also vomited large amounts of plant material and liquid that smelled like marijuana.
"She (the vet) was like, 'So he did vomit large quantities of marijuana?' She was smiling, I think trying to make me feel good, too, (but) trying not to laugh because I was like, 'My baby is in the emergency vet!"' Nestor said.
Nestor said the vet jokingly told her to remind Jack to "just say no" to drugs.
Three weeks have passed since the incident, and the couple's friends laugh at what they call a random situation. But the event was traumatic and costly. And apparently not so random.
According to Seattle police, a wilderness guide playing hide and seek with kids in Seward Park discovered a duffel bag packed with five and a half pounds of marijuana on April 3. The stash might have been worth as much as $22,000, police said.
Tags: dog, eats, weed, stash, gets, high on marijuana
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States (load item map)
Marked as: approved
Views: 9169 | Comments: 32 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 2 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
|Liveleak on Facebook|