The US has confirmed it has suspended planned food aid to North Korea.
The decision comes after Pyongyang announced a new rocket launch, which the United States says breaks the terms of a deal agreed last month.
Earlier reports that the food aid plans had been put on hold were confirmed by a Pentagon official on Wednesday.
Peter Lavoy told lawmakers North Korea had violated a missile test moratorium agreement and could not be trusted to deliver the aid properly.
Under the deal signed in February, North Korea agreed to a partial freeze in nuclear activities and a missile test moratorium in return for US food aid.
Mr Lavoy, acting assistant secretary of defence for Asian and Pacific affairs, told a government committee that next month's planned rocket launch "reflects [North Korea's] lack of desire to follow through on their international commitments and so
|Liveleak on Facebook|