At least eight women have died in a Nato air strike in Afghanistan's eastern province of Laghman, local officials say.
Nato has conceded that between five and eight civilians died as it targeted insurgents, and offered condolences.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai "strongly condemned" the deaths and has sent officials to the area to investigate.
Earlier on Sunday, four US soldiers with the Nato forces were killed in an attack by suspected Afghan police.
The attack in southern Zabul province brought to 51 the
number of Nato troops killed in "insider attacks" this year, and came a
day after two UK soldiers were killed at a checkpoint in Helmand by a
man in police uniform.
Local officials in the remote area of Laghman told the BBC at
least eight women had died, while provincial council member Gulzar
Sangarwal said nine we
|Liveleak on Facebook|