He was sentenced to death for robbery. His parents were given special permission by court to meet him before the van left for execution ground. Relatives meeting with the condemned right before executioan is rare in China for various reasons. His request to hug his parents was denied by police, but the parents were allowed to touch their son as farewell to his life.
Article 263 Whoever robs public or private property by violence, coercion or other methods shall be sentenced to fixed-term imprisonment of not less than three years but not more than 10 years and shall also be fined; whoever falls under any of the following categories shall be sentenced to fixed-term imprisonment of not less than 10 years, life imprisonment or death and shall also be fined or sentenced to confiscation of property:
(1) intruding into another person's residence to rob;
(2) robbing on board the means of public transportation;
(3) robbing a bank or any other banking institution;
(4) committing robbery repeatedly or robbing a huge, sum of money;
(5) causing serious injury or death to another person in the course of robbery;
(6) impersonating a serviceman or policeman in robbing;
(7) robbing with a gun; or
(8) robbing military materials or the materials for emergency rescue, disaster relief or social relief.
|Liveleak on Facebook|