May 23, 2009
The astonishing news that Nigel Farage, UKIP leader, has claimed £2 million in taxpayer funded expenses from the EU Parliament over 10 years dwarfs the misconduct by Westminster MPs.
If you favour Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union and are thinking of voting UKIP here are eight urgent questions:
1. Why does UKIP refuse to publish its MEPs’ EU expense claims? It is hypocritical that UKIP should condemn the EU for failing to sign off its accounts while refusing to detail its MEPs’ use of taxpayers’ funds.
2. When will Farage publish his expense claims so that voters may learn how he has claimed £2,000,000 in 10 years? What is he hiding? Even Tory MEP5 now publish their EU expense accounts.
3. What happened to UKIP supporters’ donations? Between 2003-5, nearly 90% of donations into UKIP’s Ashford Call Centre disappeared in administration costs. Another £200,000+ disappeared in Farage’s SE Region in ‘other costs’ (see Electoral Commission website). Demands for audits have been rejected by Farage. Why? What is being hidden?
4. On 27.1.05, why did UKIP MEP5 vote to support a motion whose subtext called for ‘closer political, economic and social integration’ with the EU, for brainwashing in schools and for the outlawing of ‘xenophobia’, a thought-crime defined by the EU as merely an aversion to the Euro? UKIP MEPs, who breached their own party constitution, neither apologised nor renounced this treachery.
5. Why, in early 2007, did UKIP MEP Derek Clark sign an agreement in Bucharest endorsing subsidiarity and the Common Agricultural Policy? Roger Knapman, ex UKIP leader, refused to accept such a “. . .major departure from what we believed to be UKIP’s policy - withdrawal from the EU, a complete rejection of its authority and of the CAP. Subsidiarity is an EU doctrine which assumes EU sovereignty. . . Accepting subsidiarity accepts ultimate EU sovereignty.”
6. On 29.2.08 a press statement from Farage condemned the Labour Government for discriminating in favour of Eastern Europeans immigration at the expense of non white immigration from Africa and Asia! What is the point in wishing to preserve the nation state from the EU when, as a result of multiculturalism and Afro-Asian immigration, there will be no nation within the state left to preserve in 40years?
7. Why does Farage receive more appearances on BBC Question Time than any Cabinet Minster? Could part of the answer lie in a press conference when Farage stated that the only means to defeat the BNP was to vote UKIP? In 10 years, UKIP has wasted £millions in taxpayers’ funding and private donations; money that has been sidelined into a politically-correct dead end, just like all the efforts of UKIPs’ well-meaning members.
8. Why does the foreign Marta Andreasen (Farage’s number two in the SE) merely desire reform of the EU and not withdrawal?
This is what senior UKIP officials have stated of Farage and UKIP:
Craig Mackinlay, ex Vice Chairman UKIP, on internal UKIP elections: “I will not be associated professionally or personally with what has become a perverted and shambolic process. Threats from the Party Chairman . . . merely add to the stink that now surrounds this election.”
Richard North, ex UKIP Chief Researcher, writing of Farage: “He cannot tolerate anyone in the party who he feels is or might be in a position to challenge him. He prefers to surround himself with incompetents and deadbeats. Anyone who emerges who might show an independent streak, he ruthlessly eliminates, to ensure that they cannot be seen as competition.”
And again: “(Farage) . . . spends the bulk of his time manoeuvring and scheming to keep himself in the dominant position, while presenting to the world his “boyish charm.”
Bryan Smalley, Party Secretary for two years, wrote of Farage: “He is dishonest and frequently makes untrue statements.”
Anthony Scholefield, Party Secretary for three years stated: “A disturbing feature is that Mark Croucher, UKIP Press Officer, shows UKIP members’ details to Communists and Socialist Workers via Searchlight and Unite Against Fascism. Croucher reports to Farage.”
Anthony Butcher, ex NEC member: “UKIP is now a hindrance to the anti-EU movement.”
David Abbott, ex NEC member and committed Christian: “Our leader issues an edict that MEP’s wives must not be on the MEP’s payroll. Then he is caught paying his own wife.”
And again: “These new revelations were on top of all his (ie Farage) more obvious defects including total amorality, bullying, adultery, and drunkenness, vengefulness and lying.”
Roger Knapman, ex Party Leader and MEP: “UKIP MEP’s met and agreed a statement of practice - first that we would not go on ‘junkets’ to other countries and secondly that we would not employ our wives. This was to prevent us getting dragged into the comfortable EU world that leads to ‘going native’. I am now very worried that this agreement is being ignored and that the attractions of the European Parliament as a career may beckon to some; where the delights of plush new office suites, Brussels titles and internal parliament or IndDem Group politics are more attractive than our original purpose.”
Robin Page, BBC Presenter: “The party created to fight centralised government, sleaze and corruption has become a mirror image of the body it professes to loathe.”
Click to view image: '710ea9e5e140-ukip.jpg'
In: News, LiveLeaks, Other
Tags: ukip, mp, mps, mp's, expenses, labour, concervative, tory, tories, liberal, democrat. sinn, fein, bnp, government, parliament, uk, britain, britis, whitehall, no, number, 10,
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire, United Kingdom (UK/GB) (load item map)
Views: 8681 | Comments: 9 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 1 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
|Liveleak on Facebook|