By: Mollie Reynolds
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. -- A West Palm Beach man died after winning a roach-eating contest, the Broward County Sheriff's Office said Monday. Immediately after eating dozens of roaches and worms, Edward Archbold, 32, said he wasn't feeling well and began to regurgitate, according to the sheriff's office. Archbold was participating in the contest on Friday night at Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach.
Several contestants signed up to eat a variety of insects for the chance to win an exotic reptile.
The grand prize: a Python.
Archbold later collapsed in front of the store, according to BSO.
Broward Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported Archbold to Broward Health North, where he was later pronounced dead.
A search of Florida arrests, shows that the same Edward Archbold, was arrested in 2004 on a charge of indecent exposure in Monroe County. It is unclear whether Archbold was ever convicted on the indecent exposure charge.
Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/west-palm-beach-man-dies-after-participating-in-roach-eating-contest#ixzz28kohXdYF
In: Regional News, Other News, WTF, Creative, Nature
Tags: darwin, award, winner, who, was arrested, for, indecent, exposure, dies, after, eating, to, many, bugs, in, a, contest, to, win, a, stupid, python
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida, United States (load item map)
Marked as: approved
Views: 2772 | Comments: 60 | Votes: 1 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 3
|Liveleak on Facebook|