At least two Nato soldiers have been killed in insurgent attacks in southern Afghanistan on Friday, Nato said on Saturday.
Nato says the two soldiers were killed in separate insurgent attacks on Friday in southern Afghanistan.
Nato did not provide more details about exact location of the incident and nationality of the troops. The statements on the latest fatalities were released late on Friday and Saturday.
The deaths bring the number of foreign forces killed in Afghanistan to 220 so far this year.
More than 158 US troops, 20 UK and 42 soldiers from other countries have been killed in the country.
Foreign forces' casualties in the country have increased in recent weeks.
Foreign forces' gradual withdrawal from Afghanistan is to start in July this year.
On June 2 Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that the clock is ticking for the Obama administration to make a decision on how many troops the US will withdraw from Afghanistan.
Mullen told reporters that the military is still waiting for Gen. David Petraeus' highly anticipated recommendations on troop cuts.
He emphasised that any reduction must not reverse the progress the US has made in securing Afghanistan over the past year.
President Obama will make the final decision on the drawdown after Petraeus submits his report, which he is expected to do in the next few weeks. The military will act quickly once a decision has been made, Mullen said.
|Liveleak on Facebook|