I hate to say it, but Liberty University really sucks. It offers very little value for your 18,000 dollars per year tuition. The Internet is iffy and it drags, the food tastes like a poor middle school cafeteria, the post office misplaces your packages all the time, and there is no cable TV in the dorm rooms. That's right, they don't even have cable! Its very much like a small communist country, they want to control everything you see and hear.
In addition to offering precious little in the way of luxuries my biggest beef with Liberty University is the total lack of morale on campus. I grew up watching ESPN and kept hearing about how great college life can be. At Liberty though everybody leaves on the weekend, only a few people can be seen enjoying their daily lives and the sports are just awful. I'm sorry, but the football team sucks. The Liberty Marching Band is a laughing stock. I can barely tell one song from another and students randomly chant(at least the few students who bother to attend our crappy football games) “GO LU".
Should I go on? If you like any kind of internet gaming or even casual surfing you are not going to want to come to LU. The internet is down constantly. AOL instant messaging works even worse than the web pages. Gaming is definitely out of the question. My games work maybe 60% of the time. The other 40% I would spend an hour playing, then at the end it would lag out. Don’t even think of getting a degree in Mathematics or computer engineer , the computer department is even worse and if you thought those best buy geek squads were bad, you should see these idiot that help out in the computer department.
Their curriculum leaves a lot to be desired also. I just don't see how anyone can learn anything substantial here, and the teachers look like they just don't care. There's no motivation there at all. For the money, it’s one of the worst values in college education. Liberty ranks among the lowest of all colleges, christian and public universitys.
|Liveleak on Facebook|