Just threw this together over coffee. Not much thought went into it so feel free to add, reduce or modify. LOL - Yeah, I needed to say that on LiveLeak! Could have kept typing all day but...
Overall concept: reduce spending, save money and pay bills.
1) Go through the federal budget [http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/browse.html] line by line, like Obama promised to during the campaign, and cut wasteful spending. Duh!
2) Enact legislation, that has been proposed in the past and shot down, to attach names to earmark requests so we know which one of our Congresspersons is pissing away our money.
3) With the money saved from spending cuts, reinvest in the Social Security program. This is basic budget councelling! Cut your spending and start a savings account.
4) Review foreign aid progress over the last 5 years and cut foreign aid programs that are not having significant success and those giving money to people who don't even like us or who want us dead.
5) Slash foreign aid to Saudi Arabia and Isreal by a good 50% if not 100%. Time for them to pay thier own bills and move out of mommy and daddy's basement.
6) With the money saved from the foreign aid and whatever is left over from Social Security reinvestment (ya know, a savings account!), begin paying off debts to foreign nations (ya know, reduce debt!). More basic budget councelling. Where's Dave Ramsey when you need some common sense?
7) Build something that will make or save money, not just spend it. Ya know, like oil refineries, steel mills, natural gas resource systems, affordable solar kits for homes, mass transit infrastructure, etc
8) No pay raises for Congresspersons or thier staff until the budget is at least balanced. BTW, balancing the budget does not mean that we are out of debt. It's another way of saying "living from paycheck to paycheck". Hence, "balanced budget" is not all that complimentary of a term.
9) Eliminate full retirement benefits for Congresspersons who serve a mere 4 year term, regardless of success or failure rate. Make it a service of honor, not profit!
10) Individual States should be productive members of the union - not welfare states dependent on the Federal government for annual and interim welfare checks. Cut federal spending! If your State cannot afford something (short of infrastructure) then fix your budget or suck it up!
11) Reduce corporate tax to a reasonable rate and increase import tarrifs to encourage manufacturers to produce it here rather than outsourcing to foreign countries. We have the 2nd highest corporate tax rate in the world.
12) No government aid to people who are here illegally. Jesus H. Christ, that's a fucking no brainer!
13) Tobacco produces one of the greatest strains on our incredibly expensive health care system. Tobacco has NO productive purpose. It simply kills. Illegalize the sale of tabacco products. Yeah, jobs are lost but make up for them by growing pesticide and hormone supplement free foods maybe. Jeeze!
14) Obesity produces health problems which, I believe, are the single greatest drain on our health care system. Take some of the money we were spending on illegals on our government support system and educate the public on how to eat healthy. My god people, 35 - 40% body fat is just insane!
15) Demand reciepts from medical lawsuit settlements. A 52" flat screen LCD TV does not qualify as medical needs for recovery and rehabilitation. That outta cut down on the size of the payments and enable insurance companies to reduce costs and, hence, lower costs to the consumers.
16) No more country building/rebuilding. If you attack the U.S. we just reduce your country to rubble and then head home for a beer.
17) Thouroughly assess government agencies, positions, offices, jobs, etc to see where two people are being paid to do the job of one - and reduce staff.
18) Enact legislation to limit interest rates to 10%. Let's face it, interest rates today are obscene. It would also reduce the number of credit lines in use and force people to save up for what they want and not get buried in debt in the first place.
19) Give tax breaks to companies that have FAIR and honest profit sharing programs. You want trickle down? This is the best way to achieve it. Give the employee realised returns from the company's profits. Make the employee a buisiness partner.
20) Charge pharmecutical companies out the wazoo for advertizing. If the doctor determines that you need medication s/he will prescribe it. We don't need to be told we a medication so we can imagine that we have the illness.
Click to view image: 'cf6c51c97775-john.jpg'
|The poll already expired - voting is no longer possible!|
|Yes, with some modifications|
|No, not even with some modifications|
|Yes, but with major revisions|
|No, not even with major revisions|
|Liveleak on Facebook|