Any further cost
increase or problems with the $382 billion F-35 Joint Strike Fighter
would mean reduced Pentagon purchases of the new warplane, being
developed and built by Lockheed Martin Corp, U.S. Air Force Secretary
Michael Donley told a Senate committee on Tuesday.
Donley said the latest restructuring of the program should allow the F-35 to continue with the "least risk."
he said the Pentagon's F-35 program office and Lockheed had been told
there was "no more money to put against contract overruns or problems.""To
the extent that there continue to be cost growth or challenges ...
We'll have to take down the number of aircraft that we have planned in
procurement to pay for that work because no more money is going to be
migrating into this program," Donley told the Senate Armed Services
Committee.The Pentagon's fiscal
2013 budget calls for postponing production of 17
|Liveleak on Facebook|