Watch...next month Obama will claim job growth again..this time it will be all the people employed in the gulf to clean up the mess Obama and his neoRAT clown car have made of the place.
Obama touts drop in unemployment on 411,000 temporary Census Jobs
June 4, 5:53 PMMiami Political Buzz ExaminerGlenn Osrin
Pres. Barack Obama has accomplished much but made little progress on jobs. AP Photo / J. Scott Applewhite
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, I have a confession to make.
I, like millions of Americans who had grown tired of eight years of Republican political water-boarding, voted for the Change I Thought I Could Believe in, and voted for Barack Obama in 2008. Like so many, I had my reasons; and though he has accomplished much during his time in office, his track record on job creation has been abysmal.
I’ve not lost faith by any stretch of the imagination---he did indeed inherit a dung farm from Bush the Smirking Chimp---butit is time to buy the president a new abacus when it comes to American joblessness.
In short, the Obama administration has accomplished next to nothing in helping turn around unemployment. More disturbingly, it would seem we’re being smoked by the blatant manipulation of the numbers.
Just yesterday I wrote a piece which highlighted the fact that the Bureau of Labor Statistics had used a graphic of the United States, indicating that the overall unemployment rate by state had gone down based on April statistics. Yet within that same report, the BLS appeared to have put sprinkles on this little turd: 78% of the major metropolitan cities in the U.S. reported increases in the unemployment rate.
Specifically, the Bureau of Labor Statistics had reported that unemployment rates were higher in April than a year earlier in 291 of 372 metropolitan areas, lower in 73 and unchanged in 8.
If those numbers were disingenuously floated out there in the hopes that America would continue to believe that we are in the midst of a economic uptick, shame on the administration.
But if America continues to allow itself to be bamboozled by yet another circumspect jobs report released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics today, then the old saw about fooling me once shame on you and fooling me twice shame on me comes to mind.
* In today’s jobs report for June, the Obama administration has been puffing it’s chest and pumping its’ arms looking for props for the national rate dropping from 10% to 9.7%. This despite the fact that the decrease in the numbers is attributable to 411,000 of the 431,000 jobs created in May going to temporary U.S. Census workers.
But don’t take my word for it. I’m just an unemployed consumer products sales professional trying to get by with some insightful and entertaining writing on the side.
Look at the report yourself, but when you do, consider these undeniable signs that absolutely positively nothing good is happening on the jobs front; and that it is in fact, about to get worse due to the environmental horror on America’s southern seaboard.
* Based on the June report, 20,000 new jobs were created nationwide.
* 15 million Americans continue to be jobless, and those are the ones we can count. Many more are not included in the numbers because they have flat-out stopped looking.
* The jobless rate among blacks, Hispanics, adult men, whites and teenagers remained unchanged.
* The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for over half a year) did not change, holding steady at 6.8 million.
* The number of unemployed re-entrants into the work force fell by 286,000, and represents jobs that were NOT created during the same year-over-year period.
* The employment-to-population ratio did not change, holding at 58.7%.
* The number of part-time unemployed---those thrown into part-time work because there is nothing else---declined by 343,000, to a little over 8 million.
This report clearly indicates that despite TARP, bank bailouts, cash for clunkers, appliance rebate programs and the endless money grab to spur housing sales and make things look rosy despite a continuing parade of foreclosures, the American economy continues to be dead-on-arrival.
Despite all the talk about the GOP winning back seats in the upcoming mid-term elections and the Tea Party Patriots taking over the world, there is one set of numbers that perhaps the Obama administration needs to be reminded of; specifically, a presidential election will most certainly turn on the basis of the prevailing economic conditions.
These numbers don’t lie: the next presidential election is in:
* 886 days
* 21,267 hours
* 1,276,052 minutes
* 76,563,142 seconds
Click to view image: '31137c6fb24f-obama_cult_miserable_failure.jpg'
Tags: neorats, zombies, peasants, sheep, democrat, voters, suckers, obama, lies, jobs, BP, oil spill, leftist, media, propaganda, fail
Marked as: approved
Views: 7088 | Comments: 48 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
|Liveleak on Facebook|