OccupyMARINES Press Release (July 8, 2012) - defining document of the Robber Baron Revival Era
Crystallized message from OccupyMarines - focusing on corruption of the justice system and betrayal of the US Constitution by senior officers of all three branches of government.
OccupyMARINES in the 2012 NATGAT, Philadelphia, and Smedley Butler (1881-1940) - the inspiration.
View as PDF: http://www.scribd.com/doc/99848186/
Los Angeles and Jerusalem, July 12 - "The OccupyMARINES Press Release, issued in the aftermath of the 2012 NATGAT in Philadelphia, is likely to be remembered as the defining document of our time," says Joseph Zernik, PhD, of Human Rights Alert (NGO).
- The document is remarkable for its brevity, in contrast to previous statements from the Occupy movement.
[*]In a true military style, the problem, and its remedies are crystallized into three points:
- Repealing of the NDAA
- Overturning of Citizens United
- Exposing and indicting the 1%.
Given the Marines' reputation for tenacity, the OccupyMARINES Press Release is also likely to carry a heavy weight in the current turmoil
"The OccupyMARINES Press Release focuses on three ways that today's ruling class established its superiority to the law - the defining feature of our time - the Robber Baron Revival Era," sums it Dr Zernik.
OccupyMARINES Press Release
Anonymous recommends flying the flag upside down, a traditional signal of distress...
Boycott the US presidential vote! It only legitimizes the illegitimate...
12-04-15 2012 Presidential election votes will be counted in Spain
11-12-10 Where should Occupy go next? Civil Disobedience in the footsteps of Thoreau and Gandhi!
12-06-08 Courts and Judges as racketeering enterprises under RICO (the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act) - key element in the current financial crisis
Get Up, stand up, stand up for your rights! Get Up, stand up, don't give up the fight!
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
* The 2010 submission of Human Rights Alert to the Human Rights Council (HRC) of the United Nations, regarding the United States, was reviewed by the HRC professional staff and incorporated in the official HRC Professional Staff Report with a note referring to �corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California.�
* The 2012 submission of Human Rights Alert to the HRC regarding the State of Israel, titled "Integrity or lack thereof, of the electronic record systems of the courts of the State of Israel," is scheduled for review in early 2013.
Human Rights Alert online
Flag Counter: 140
Total Reads: 868,060
Total Reads: 45,147
Total Item Views: 664,803+249,012
Facebook Friends: 2,906
Take away justice, then, and what are governments but great bandit bands?
Saint Augustine, Civitas Dei (City of God,4.4)
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?
* "I think it's difficult to find a fraud of this size on the U.S. court system in U.S. history," said Raymond Brescia, a visiting professor at Yale Law School who has written articles analyzing the role of courts in the financial crisis. "I can't think of one where you have literally tens of thousands of fraudulent documents filed in tens of thousands of cases."
Reuters (Jan 22, 2012)
* Foreclosure fraud: The homeowner nightmares continue
CNN (April 7, 2011)
* About 3 million homes have been repossessed since the housing boom ended in 2006� That number could balloon to about 6 million by 2013
Bloomberg (January 2011)
* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE CONDITIONS IN THE PRISON IN MONROE COUNTY, TENESSEE?
* "What goes on there is more like gulags of centuries ago."
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?
* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)
|Liveleak on Facebook|