Safe Mode: On
Jew murdered by pali had firearm confiscated previously/Iran's syria+hezbos join to sink IDF ships

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/139428

Authorities Took Firearm Permit from One of the Victims

by Gil Ronen
Follow Israel news on and .


One of the people murdered by Palestinian Authority terrorists Tuesday used to carry a gun for self-defense, but Israeli authorities took away his permit in late 2009 – leaving him defenseless.

Attorney Yitzchak Bam of the Forum for the Land of Israel represented the deceased man in his legal attempts to win back his gun permit. “In December, he received a letter according to which the permit is suspended because of closed criminal files regarding disturbance of the public peace,” he related. “The last closed file was from the period immediately after the Disengagement,” he said. The permit was extended after the files were closed, however, making it hard to understand why authorities suddenly decided to revoke it.

Shortly after the police's letter arrived at his home, police came to the man's home and took his weapon. An attempt to appeal the decision was rejected.

"The team for the Justice Department's law enforcement in Judea and Samaria, headed by Attorney Shai Nitzan, is the one that set the criteria regarding the licensing of firearms in Judea and Samaria,” Bam said.
(IsraelNationalNews.com)

-

http://www.debka.com/article/9011/

Iran's revenge: Syria and Hizballah join to sink Israeli warships
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report September 3, 2010, 8:40 AM (GMT+02:00) Tags: Israel Palestinian terror Syrian-Hizballah pact Israeli warships targetedTehranand its extremist and terrorist allies, having failed to abort Barack Obama's initiative for direct Israel-Palestinian diplomacy, have hit back with two belligerent steps. debkafile's military sources disclose that Syria and the Lebanese Hizballah have set up a joint military command for sinking Israeli warships, and Hamas has brought all 13 Palestinian rejectionist organizations under one roof for a sustained bid to intensify terror operations against Israel.
At a news conference in Gaza early Friday, Sept. 3 - shortly after the Washington talks were rated positive - a Hamas military arm spokesman announced the creation of a single command encompassing all 13 Palestinian rejectionist groups operating out of the Gaza Strip and Damascus for a concerted campaign of terror against Israel.
In answer to a question, Abu Obeida said the new policy of expanded attacks may well rain missiles on Tel Aviv. "From now on, everything is open," the Hamas spokesman said.
At that moment, Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu was on a flight home from Washington, surrounded by an intense PR effort to present him as emerging from his first conversation with Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas as a super-peacemaker. The Americans, the Palestinians and his own aides were well aware that the ceremonial inauguration of the talks had yielded very little after their goals were sharply pared down. No accord but only a document of general principles is now expected to come out of the continuation of the dialogue - once every two weeks in the coming year. This, too, would oblige Israel to withdraw from large sections of the West Bank. Further steps were relegated to the distant future.
In the meantime, Syria, Hizballah and the Palestinian terrorist community are using the very act of diplomacy as the impetus for a violent response.
Whereas the prime minister's rhetoric in Washington laid heavy emphasis on the negotiations measuring up to Israel's security needs, in practice, he refrained from ordering an Israeli reprisal against the Hamas command centers which ordered two attacks on West Bank roads, although four Israeli civilians paid with their lives and two more were injured.
Syria, Hizballah and the Palestinian terrorist commands operating out of Damascus, Gaza, Beirut and Sidon to took this restraint as a starting signal for reviving concerted attacks on Israel.
Syrian President Bashar Assad and Hizballah leader Hassan Nasrallah decided to expand the secret military cooperation pact they recently concluded - to which no Israeli political or military leader has so far responded - to the Mediterranean Sea, where their operational and intelligence assets will together seek out and try and sink Israeli missile ships and submarines.
To this end, they have earmarked marine units and their Iranian- and Russian-made shore-to-ship missile force - the largest of its kind in the world - as well as Syrian assault helicopters flown by crews trained to strike seaborne targets. The Hizballah marine unit was trained and equipped by Iranian Revolutionary Guards marine instructors.
The Mediterranean coastal strip from Syrian Latakia in the north, running through the Lebanese ports of Tripoli, Sidon and Tyre and down south to the Gaza Strip, have been declared a joint sea front dedicated to attacking Israeli targets.
High-ranking Israeli military sources told DEBKA file Thursday night that while it was hard to imagine Syrian or Hizballah managing to hit Israeli submarines, they are quite capable of fomenting violence on the sea and attacking Israeli naval craft and bases. Their joint command means they are sharing intelligence on Israeli naval activity and monitoring the movements of vessels while still in Israeli territorial waters and before they take up stations opposite the Lebanese or Syrian coasts.
Our military sources add that, from the strategic viewpoint, the Washington dialogue and the disproportionate
hype surrounding it were counter-productive in that it led to the resumption of Hamas terrorist activities on the West Bank and strengthened the military partnership between Syria and Hizballah for aggression against Israel. Netanyahu's single-minded focus on diplomacy at the expense of neglecting rising threats and blocking military activity allowed these perils to develop and abound.
His restraint did not help Mahmoud Abbas' failing fortunes at home. His standing took a bad knock from the way Hamas managed to pull off two terrorist operations on the West Bank. In a desperate bid to show they were in control, Palestinian security sources reported Thursday night that two suspects were in custody for Monday's drive-by shooting near Hebron and they had leads to the perpetrators.
debkafile's counter-terror sources disclose that the two "suspects" are the used car salesmen who sold the vehicle the Hamas gunmen used in their attack. They had no clues to offer about the identities or whereabouts of the purchasers who have disappeared without a trace.
Netanyahu is scheduled to continue his talks with Abbas in Sharm el-Sheikh on Sept. 14-15 - and again at fortnightly intervals during the coming year under Washington's watchful eye. It is hard to see how they can keep going in a climate of rising military tensions and expanding terrorist outbreaks.


Click to view image: '0677b656c4c2-targeted_ships.jpg'

Added: Sep-3-2010 
By: HydrogenEconomy
In:
Iran, Middle East
Tags: firearm, confiscated, murder, terror, iran, syria, hezbollah, idf, ships, sink
Views: 12560 | Comments: 21 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first | Highest score first
Liveleak opposes racial slurs - if you do spot comments that fall into this category, please report them for us to review.
  • Some of you fools are just hilarious!!!

    Posted Sep-3-2010 By 

    (2) | Report

  • First story makes my blood boil that the man was left defenceless. The second on the other hand is something that every nation in the world does. Forges connections with allies in order to prepare to defend/attack. It's called strategy. 'Our' side does it so it's obvious 'their' side will do it too.

    Posted Sep-3-2010 By 

    (2) | Report

  • Comment of user 'wargypsy' has been deleted by author (after account deletion)!
  • another bla,bla, bla,

    Posted Sep-3-2010 By 

    (0) | Report

  • ahh karma......the one religion noone can escape.

    Posted Sep-3-2010 By 

    (0) | Report

  • Comment of user 'nurdmyth' has been deleted by author (after account deletion)!
  • sounds like he deserved it twice over.

    Posted Sep-3-2010 By 

    (-2) | Report

  • So in other words he was a person who abused his weapon when he had the permit to use it and got shot because he no longer had when he needed it.

    Well isn't Karma just great.

    Posted Sep-3-2010 By 

    (-5) | Report

    • many weapon permits were tightened but immediately after this incident the previous rules were reinstated. that is karma.

      Posted Sep-3-2010 By 

      (1) | Report

    • Comment of user 'nurdmyth' has been deleted by author (after account deletion)!
    • Nowhere did it say he abused his weapon liar.

      And why are you commenting on others posts, when you ban people from posting on yours coward?

      Posted Sep-4-2010 By 

      (0) | Report

    • SHH stop talking and learn to read "the permit is suspended because of closed criminal files regarding disturbance of the public peace"

      Oh and as for blocking you, CRY ME A RIVER.

      Posted Sep-7-2010 By 

      (0) | Report

    • Actually thats what your mama said when I got her in the eye with a loose one and I just couldn't stop using it after that. Oh and by the way I might be your father "crossing my fingers" :(

      Posted Sep-7-2010 By 

      (-1) | Report