M/S Independence of the Seas has now the title of the largest cruiseship on earth.
Independence of the Seas ia a 'freedom' class ship and was ordered by shipping company Royal Caribbean International.
Aker Yards, the finnish shipyard that built the Independence of the seas, built also her sisterships, M/S Freedom of the Seas and M/S Liberty of the Seas.
M/S Independence of the Seas left finland 18.4.2oo8 to southampton, england.
in summer seasons the ship will cruise around europe, the mediterranean sea and canary islands and during winter it's harbor will be fort lauderdale, u.s.a. from where it will do cruises to the caribbean.
GT(gross tonnage): 160.000 t
L: 1112 ft
W: 184 ft
draft: 26 ft
top speed 21,6 knots per hour
(only 3,2 passengers per 1 crew member!)
Highlights (from cruise pro's.com):
Aboard Independence of the seas you will be able to find an ice-skating rink, rock-climbing wall, Royal Promenade (open 24 hours), extensive WiFi capabilities and connectivity for cell phones, full-sized, flat-screen TVs in every stateroom, theme bars and lounges, Adventure Ocean® youth facilities, restaurants, and much more:
• FlowRider® Surf Park
• H2O Zone
• Cantilevered whirlpools
• Rock-climbing wall
• Ice-skating rink
• Royal Promenade
• Extensive WiFi capabilities and connectivity for cell phones
• Full-size, flat-screen TVs in every stateroom
• Themed bars and lounges
• Adventure Ocean® youth facilities
• ShipShape® Fitness Center and Day Spa
• Full-size Everlast boxing ring
• Casino RoyaleSM
• Presidential Family Suite
• Sports Pool
• Full-size sports court
• 9-hole miniature golf course
• Johnny Rockets® '50s-style restaurant
• Portofino Italian Restaurant
• Chops Grille
• Ben & Jerry's® ice cream
• Vintages wine bar
• Boleros Latin-themed lounge
• Sorrento's pizza
|Liveleak on Facebook|