Safe Mode: On
Synthetic Marijuana Leaves Teenage girl brain-damaged and blind

Teenage girl is left brain-damaged and blind after smoking synthetic marijuana she bought in a gas station and suffering series of strokes

A teenage girl has narrowly avoided death after smoking 'synthetic marijuana' that she bought from a gas station and suffering a series of strokes.

Seventeen-year-old Emily Bauer, from Cypress, Texas, has been left with brain damage, paralysis and is unable to see after taking the synthetic weed with friends last December.

Her family is now hoping to raise awareness of the dangers of the substance, which is often labelled as 'potpourri', while campaigners battle for stricter laws to make it illegal across the country.

Fake weed, which is also known as 'Spice' or 'K2', is an herbal mixture doused with chemicals

Emily knows where she is and recognises her family, but every day is still shrouded in confusion.

The family does not know how much control she will recover, but she is already moving her arms and legs, and two weeks ago she started eating solid food again.

Emily's parents have started a nonprofit organization called Synthetic Awareness For Emily to educate teenagers and parents about the dangers of synthetic marijuana use.

want to let kids and parents know about the warnings signs: migraines and withdrawal,' Bryant said. 'We all know the warning signs of alcohol and cocaine, but with this synthetic weed stuff, it's so new that nobody knows about this stuff. We want to let other parents know about this so they don't have to go what we've been going through.'

Added: Feb-4-2013 Occurred On: Feb-4-2013
By: Tama7866
Regional News
Tags: pot, marijuana, k2, spice, brain, dead, death, teen, girl
Location: Cypress, Texas, United States (load item map)
Views: 12760 | Comments: 185 | Votes: 3 | Favorites: 2 | Shared: 332 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 2
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE