NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A 24-year-old Cheatham County man was killed Friday morning after he accidentally touched some electrical wires with the forklift he was operating.
Click to view image: 'f1f00655759e-friedforkliftdriver1.jpg'
The incident occurred at about 11 a.m. at Green Enterprises, located 607 Bass Street near Greer Stadium in south Nashville.
Fire officials said the victim, Brandon Walker, of Chapmansboro, was moving a large tarp when the electrical wires were hit.
Click to view image: '6cadde114f1d-friedforkliftdriver2.jpg'
"He was pulling up a tarp, and a fairly large tarp, into the dumpster and he hit the power line," said Tom Shadwick, Acting District Chief for the Nashville Fire Department.
Officials said Walker was electrocuted after jumping to the ground from the seat of the forklift.
Click to view image: 'b251d8d146c2-friedforkliftdriver3.jpg'
"Apparently he had hit a power line and it was live and when he got on the ground, made complete contact and [that] resulted in his death," Shadwick said. "There was a fire extinguisher lying on the ground beside him and we speculate that the tires were on fire and he tried to put that out and touched the ground in the process."
The incident knocked out power to area homes and businesses.
Click to view image: '30e012ce2bc6-friedforkliftdriver4.jpg'
The Nashville Electric Service has since restored service.
Green Enterprises is a private company that provides movie props and assists in movie set production.
It is not known if Walker was an employee of the company.
Click to view image: '717a7b13e6d8-friedforkliftdriver5.jpg'
|Liveleak on Facebook|