An animation of Polish airplane crash in Russia. RIP.
I used 25 feet above runway threshold to reduce google-earth issues. They possibly flew lower, based on crash altitude.
Starts at 858 feet ASL 4.3 km from the threshold of the runway and flown at a constant 858 feet altitude ASL (25 feet above the threshold).
- here the ground speed is 150 knots,
- they probably flew 100 feet lower at 750 ASL (from initial crash altitude),
- reports are that they approached from the left/south,
- the left wing hit first,
- cockpit warning sounds not included,
- and visibility was a few hundred feet.
Only the official report when published in a year will present the actual final moments of the flight.
AGL: Above Ground Level
ASL: Above Sea Level
RA: Radio Altitude (height above ground)
Data from various sources.
Tags: Smolensk, Lech, Kaczynski, plane, crash, Katyn, ceremony, Polish, president, лех, качински, Смоленск, авиакатастрофа, президент, польши, russian, smolensk, airport, Prezydent, katastrofie, samolotu, tupolev,
Marked as: approved
Views: 14362 | Comments: 9 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
|Liveleak on Facebook|