Here is further proof of who attacked first.
You can watch various news reports from diferent broadcasting corporations.
The spanish one is the best , in fact.
The news anchor does say .
The tranquility in Ossetia did not last long. The government launched an ofensive against south Ossetia independentists , soon afterward the cease fire was broken.
Saaskavily after visiting the troops wounded in the fighting in the last few days offered a cease fire only a few hours before ( the Georgian ) ofensive started .
Bombing in the capital of south Ossetia. The Georgian Government invaded the capital of the breakaway provincce . The Georgian tanks occupy the city and 15 people died. The Georgian Government claims is does want to restore rule of law.
" The light of the day brought the confirmation of the news as well as aerial bombardments. Georgia . Georgia launched an attack to the capital of south Ossetia. ".
( You can see Georgian planes bombing as well as multiple rocket launchers firing )
The attack started tonight with a land attack.
Georgian heavy weaponry struck the city . A massive military operation in order to retake the territory dominated in the last 15 years by separatist pro russian forces ".
The news anchor claims that just a few hours before saakashvily was ofering a cease fire.
Here is the proof.
IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE OFENSIVE GEORGIAN PRESIDENT OFFERS CEASE FIRE
GEORGIAN PRESIDENT OFFERS CEASE FIRE AFTER CLASHES.
GEORGIAN PRESIDENT OFFERS ( fake ) CEASE FIRE BEFORE ATTACK
Posted August 8, 2008 06:49:00
Georgian forces and separatists in breakaway South Ossetia have ceased fighting and called talks after days of heavy clashes raised fears of new war in the volatile Caucasus.
In a dramatic address, Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili offered the separatists an immediate ceasefire.
Moscow said the two sides had agreed to talk at the Russian peacekeeping base in the separatist capital Tskhinvali later today.
Georgia's breakaway regions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia enjoy the political and financial backing of Russia, but ex-Soviet Georgia has allied itself with the West and is pushing for membership of NATO.
It lies at the heart of a region emerging as is a vital energy transit route.
Interfax quoted Russian peacekeeping commander Marat Kulakhmetov as saying that shelling, blamed by both sides on each other, had ceased.
Mr Kulakhmetov said the separatists and the Georgian Government had reached a deal.
A senior Georgian official said there had been no formal agreement but that the fighting had stopped.
The United States said it had agreed with Russia to work together to stop the fighting.
"I offer you an immediate ceasefire and the immediate beginning of talks," Mr Saakashvili said in a televised address.
He said he had issued an order not to retaliate.
"It was a painful decision, but we have suffered casualties and villagers' homes have been damaged," he said.
Russian mediator Yuri Popov said the two sides would hold Moscow-mediated talks on Friday in Tskhinvali.
Fifteen years after South Ossetia and the Black Sea region of Abkhazia first fought to break away from Georgian rule, soaring tensions had raised the spectre of full-blown conflict.
Explosions and gunfire could be heard on Thursday from villages around Tskhinvali, 100 kilometres north of the Georgian capital Tbilisi towards the mountainous Russian border.
Casualties on both sides
The fighting began at the weekend, when six people were killed.
A Georgian armoured personnel carrier (APC) was destroyed in fighting around the Georgian-held village of Avnevi.
The separatists said two civilians were killed.
A many as 10 Georgian peacekeepers and civilians have been killed so far in the clashes, the Georgian interior ministry said.
"Up to 10 peaceful civilians and peacekeepers were killed in shoot-outs," Interior Ministry spokesman Shota Utiashvili told Reuters.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called on the two sides to refrain from any action that could escalate the situation.
Mr Saakashvili has repeated an offer of full autonomy for the breakaway region, with Russia the guarantor, however an attempt at direct talks on Thursday never got off the ground.
The two sides are at loggerheads over the format of negotiations, with Tbilisi pushing for direct talks with greater involvement of the West.
A security source said Georgian special police units and a mechanised army brigade had moved to Gori town on the doorstep of South Ossetia.
On Thursday, the official separatist website http://www.cominf.org said Georgians were shelling the village of Khetagurovo from Avnevi.
"Guns from APCs, mortars and machine-guns are being used," the site said.
Russia said Georgia was readying for war.
"We urge the Georgian leadership to show common sense and stop irresponsible military activities in South Ossetia," Russia's deputy foreign affairs minister Grigory Karasin told the Interfax news agency.
Mr Saakashvili rejected the Russian accusations.
"Confrontation is not in Georgia's interests and I hope and I'm sure that the continuation of confrontation is not in Russia's interests either," he told reporters.
EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana discussed the situation by telephone with Mr Saakashvili, including the ceasefire offer.
"Solana expressed his serious concern about the situation in South Ossetia and called for every effort to be made to rapidly end the violence and resume peaceful talks between the sides," an EU statement said.
|Liveleak on Facebook|