Contact: David Lonier FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Court Observer Jailed
for up to 30 days for remaining silent
Redford Township � June 8, 2012 A Novi man was ordered by Judge Karen Kahlil of the 17th District Court to spend up to 30 days in jail for refusing to disclose his name. While sitting quietly observing a friend�s property rights case, Judge Karen Kahlil demanded he stand and disclose his name. Other witnesses were shocked when the judge ordered him arrested for refusing to disclose his name.
He was cited with contempt, hand cuffed and hauled off to the Redford police jail and later transferred to a Midland County jail. He, along with 4 other court observers were ordered to stand and give their names, but only the Novi man was arrested and jailed.
Prior to Friday�s arrest, the Novi man had criminal complaint, judicial misconduct, malfeasance of office and deprivation of rights charges filed against Judge Kahlil and it is suspected that she was using her authority in retaliation for his legal action against her. He has commenced a hunger strike.
Contact: David Lonier
COURT WATCHER JAILED
FOR 30 DAYS FOR REMAINING SILENT
Redford Township � June 8, 2012 A Novi Township man was ordered by Judge Karen Kahlil of the 17th District Court to spend 30 days in jail for refusing to give her his name. He was cited with contempt, hand cuffed and hauled off to the Redford police jail and later transferred to a Midland jail. He was in court to witness another case when he, along with 4 other court watchers were ordered by the judge Kahlil to stand and give their names. After the Novi Township man was arrested, the other 4 court watchers were asked to do the same. All complied for fear that they too would receive jail time.
The court watchers witnessed the court officials assault the Novi man. When one of the court watchers attempted to leave the room he was detained against his will. The court officers used threat and intimidation to hold the entire body of court watchers hostage.
Judge Kahlil in an uncontrollable rage she began to call out, �We got a group of Moors in here!� She continued her comments towards the court watchers �Are you a part of that group? Who here is a part of that group the Moors group!�
Prior to his Friday arrest, the Novi man has several criminal complaints, judicial misconduct, malfeasance of office and deprivation of rights charges filed against Judge Kahlil and it is suspected that she was using her authority in retaliation for his legal action against her. No such order was issued for the other four court watchers.
The Novi Township man has commenced a hunger strike.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4 P.M. EDT, June 9, 2012 _______Joseph Zernik, PhDHuman Rights Alert (NGO)
The 2010 submission of Human Rights Alert to the Human Rights Council (HRC) of the United Nations was reviewed by the HRC professional staff and incorporated in the official HRC Professional Staff Report with a note referring to �corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California.�
Human Rights Alert online
Flag Counter: 140
Total Reads: 880,060
Total Reads: 43,547
Total Item Views: 664,803+211,012
Facebook Friends: 2,211
Take away justice, then, and what are governments but great bandit bands?
Saint Augustine, Civitas Dei (City of God,4.4)
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?
* "I think it's difficult to find a fraud of this size on the U.S. court system in U.S. history," said Raymond Brescia, a visiting professor at Yale Law School who has written articles analyzing the role of courts in the financial crisis. "I can't think of one where you have literally tens of thousands of fraudulent documents filed in tens of thousands of cases."
Reuters (Jan 22, 2012)
* Foreclosure fraud: The homeowner nightmares continue
CNN (April 7, 2011)
* About 3 million homes have been repossessed since the housing boom ended in 2006� That number could balloon to about 6 million by 2013
Bloomberg (January 2011)
* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE CONDITIONS IN THE PRISON IN MONROE COUNTY, TENESSEE?
* "What goes on there is more like gulags of centuries ago."
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?
* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)
In: Regional News, Other News, Politics
Tags: Judicial Corruption, David Schied, Novi man, Judge Karen Kahlil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States (load item map)
Marked as: approved
Views: 2627 | Comments: 10 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 2
|Liveleak on Facebook|