Safe Mode: On
Explosion caused by gas buildup under the Pueblo Branch Inn caught on tape

Nov 20 2008 A gas buildup under the Pueblo Branch Inn was responsible for a Nov. 13 explosion that killed a woman and injured several other people, authorities announced this morning at a news conference in Pueblo.

Investigators from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Explosives and the Pueblo Fire Department capped a weeklong investigation by determining that natural gas leaked from a feeder line under the street outside the restaurant, "took the path of least resistance" and ended up collecting in part of the basement, said fire department spokesman Woody Percival said.

The combustible gas/air mix could have been ignited by a compressor motor on a walk-in cooler, pilot lights on several gas-operated appliances or candles that were recently placed atop tables in the dining room - or any number of other ignition sources.

"There are so many (potential) ignition points that we may

Loading the player ...
Embed CodeSwitch Player
Plays: 15270 (Embed: 0)

Added: Nov-20-2008 
By: beck64
In:
News
Tags: explosion, Pueblo Branch Inn, cctv, security, surveillance, caught, cam, tape, dead, killed
Location: Pueblo, Colorado, United States (load item map)
Views: 21179 | Comments: 3 | Votes: 1 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first | Highest score first
Liveleak opposes racial slurs - if you do spot comments that fall into this category, please report them for us to review.