Create Account |
Log in |
There was no apology.
Wow what a shocker "the term originated from FOX news".
This moron seems to think that an apology is exclusive only to the words "sorry" or "apology" themselves, when in fact an apology is simply an acknowledgment expressing regret which is exactly what Obama did during his apology tour.
noun, plural a·pol·o·gies.
1. a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another.
1. Apology to France More.. and Europe ("America Has Shown Arrogance"). Speech by President Obama, Rhenus Sports Arena, Strasbourg, France, April 3, 2009.
2. Apology to the Muslim World ("We Have Not Been Perfect"). President Obama, interview with Al Arabiya, January 27, 2009.
3. Apology to the Summit of the Americas ("At Times We Sought to Dictate Our Terms"). President Obama, address to the Summit of the Americas opening ceremony, Hyatt Regency, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, April 17, 2009.
4. Apology at the G-20 Summit of World Leaders ("Some Restoration of America's Standing in the World"). News conference by President Obama, ExCel Center, London, United Kingdom, April 2, 2009.
5. Apology for the War on Terror ("We Went off Course"). President Obama, speech at the National Archives, Washington, D.C., May 21, 2009.
6. Apology for Guantanamo in France ("Sacrificing Your Values"). Speech by President Obama, Rhenus Sports Arena, Strasbourg, France, April 3, 2009.
7. Apology before the Turkish Parliament ("Our Own Darker Periods in Our History"). Speech by President Obama to the Turkish Parliament, Ankara, Turkey, April 6, 2009.
8. Apology for U.S. Policy toward the Americas ("The United States Has Not Pursued and Sustained Engagement with Our Neighbors").
9. Apology for the Mistakes of the CIA ("Potentially We've Made Some Mistakes"). Remarks by the President to CIA employees, CIA Headquarters, Langley, Virginia, April 20, 2009. The remarks followed the controversial decision to release Office of Legal Counsel memoranda detailing CIA enhanced interrogation techniques used against terrorist suspects.
10. Apology for Guantanamo in Washington ("A Rallying Cry for Our Enemies"). President Obama, speech at the National Archives, Washington, D.C., May 21, 2009. Less..
@worldraven OK. What did he do at that point in his term to apologize for? Nothing. You need to face the facts as they are, not through Romney's eyes.
Nobody is trying to say that he was apologizing for something he himself personally did. He was trying to apologize for America, instead of being a proud leader and showing strength.
@worldraven - obama does not believe in american exceptionalism.
Remarkably short sighted view of the facts.
This is exactly the reason I have no desire to see the GOP back in power at this point. Who in the hell wants a President who can't/won't admit when we've made mistakes?
One lesson I have learned in life is that when you make a mistake, you own up to it, accept the responsibility for your mistake, don't make excuses, do your best to correct the mistake and resolve to avoid making similar mistakes in the future.... and if necessary, you *gasp* APOLOGIZE for your mistakes.
I have no idea when t More..he right-wing of this country decided that admitting mistakes and apologizing for them was an act of sniveling cowardice... but it is a prime example of the warped mindset and twisted values that are engendered by many on the right. I have never had anything but disgust for those who refuse to accept blame or responsibility
If the GOP wants to understand why so many in this country have been turned-off to their message and their methods.... they could do no better than to start with this very issue. And.... any first-grader can tell you that if you don't say the words "I'm sorry" or "I apologize".... it isn't an apology. Period.
If Bush had manned-up, admitted his mistakes and apologized for making them... we could have moved past the blame-game long ago. Less..
@EventHorizon2012 - obama is the blame game master. he never apologized for his many policy failures.
The American people should be ashamed for allowing their government to get out of hand.
So, these people have no understanding or comprehension of the intent of O-messiahs language? This will not go away on a technicality.
fox is a brainwashed/brainwashing organization
@MisterSlippyFist So are the other news networks. There is no such thing as ethical journalism in America anymore. Better off just getting news from the internet since you'll at least get to hear more than one side.
@MisterSlippyFist - while msnbc and cnn give us the real news. what a joke.
All he had to say was "it came from Fox News" which would tell the listener that only BS follows that statement.
Some call it kissing butt
Fact check? Republicans only believe fact check if it swings in their direction.
this guy is making apologies for the apologist
@the_MEK Lol I know.
And he bowed to the Saudi king
He was only groveling. He never said "I'm sorry" he was to busy talking about "the holy quran" (in his best arabic accent) and bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia.
the fact is: "in some ways" HE DID apologize!
oh america youre so funny
Deny it if you wish.The facts speak for themselves.
Same attack that's been used since 2010, it was debunked by fact checkers then, and still isn't true today.
I even threw in a More..conservative paper. Less..
@docyoung *****Your "fact check" is nothing but propaganda. It is quite clear what Obama stated: http://youtu.be/4FGbDJuD2do
@jd1327 well if you heard it on fox, and fox has been shown to have the most uninformed audience then yes.. i can understand why you say that
@peterjames2009 So liberal media is correct in everything they report? Just like Obama said it was an terrorist attack in Bengazi just because the word terror was in his speech. If you want to live in communism go ahead and vote for him then.
@jd1327 thanks for proving my point jd1327
"...so stuff like that." These petty little creatures are beaten and they know it. Its AWESOME to see!!!
But, you leftards are right for once. It should have been called, the "Sucking Up To Our Enemies, Insulting America and Her Allies" tour.
Fact is, everyone knows what zer-0 did and what he is. zer-0's disdain for America was supported by Jeremiah Write, Bill Ayers, AG Holder, Valerie Jarret, etc.
Most people, other than Jimmah, know zer-0 is destructive for the More..West. Less..
Who the hell is this guy? Is he a Media Matters spokesman? Clearly, Obama was apologizing because he thought Bush was a bad President and Obama thought apologizing would make everyone love us. Obama was wrong and Christopher Stevens paid for Obama's mistake.
@kennbrandt who refused to beefup security? Oh get the facts straight before opening your blow hole.
Faux News never lets facts get in the way of a good story.
Advertise on Liveleak
ProChan - Anonymous Interaction
TomoNews - Animated News
Create your own video channels