Blast kills 2 coalition soldiers in Kandahar
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:59:59 GMT
The US military says a roadside bomb attack on a military convoy outside of Afghanistan's southern city of Kandahar has killed two soldiers.
"There was an IED (improvised explosive device) attack on the convoy this morning and two coalition service members were killed," US Chief Petty Officer Brian Naranjo said on Friday.
The military says bomb strikes account for up to 70 percent of the foreign soldiers killed in Afghanistan.
An estimated 144 US-led coalition forces have lost their lives in Afghanistan so far this year, AFP cited figures released by icasualties.org.
Almost all attacks on the international contingents in Afghanistan are blamed on an entity called the Taliban.
The militias have been giving Washington headaches as it tries to manage the war it started with the extremists in the
|Liveleak on Facebook|