Safe Mode: On
Mourning Father Welcomes New Dog Into Family

Family dogs Lucy and Nemo died within three weeks of each other, leaving James Xuereb in mourning. James’ daughter Jaleen decided to bring back some happiness to her father’s life by bringing a new dog home: Lumo!

The video of the heartfelt moment has received over seven million views on Facebook. Credit: Jaleen Xuereb via Storyful

Added: 8 days ago
By: Viral Video
In:
Other Entertainment
Tags: Viral, Video
Marked as: featured
Views: 107079 | Comments: 696 | Votes: 137 | Favorites: 10 | Shared: 793 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 3
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first | Highest score first
Liveleak opposes racial slurs - if you do spot comments that fall into this category, please report them for us to review.
  • i dont care what anyone says but when the family dog dies its like one of the family dying

(84) | Report

• -

(49) | Report

• I lost my dog four weeks ago, and I seem to have been chopping onions again 😢

(37) | Report

• @rpxn time will heal m8

(6) | Report

• @rpxn it never goes away but it does get easier. Chin up

(8) | Report

• @rpxn
      And I feel so stupid because i am scared of loosing mine. It is my first dog and just thinking at him passing away i could go in depression.. ;(

(11) | Report

• @Disfunctional Cramp

Mine was nearly 15 and had problems with arthritis and incontinence, and although she was still a happy girl and lived for my kids I knew I her quality of life was diminishing fast. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do, but I was with her when she went to sleep and it was peaceful and thankfully there was no unexpected noises or movements. It’s not much but that gave me some comfort.

She’s in an oak cask now in our family room, and every day we More..

(5) | Report

• @rpxn
      An old story I found...

A Dog's Purpose (from a 6-year-old)

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish
      wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their
      little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping
      for a miracle.
      I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family
      we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the
      euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home More..

(10) | Report

• You can always count on a pet to bring joy to your life.

People suck.

(30) | Report

• Why don't u say "I suck"?

(3) | Report

• Nice timing on the hand off...

Now that pup is never going to accept James as the alpha male

(1) | Report

• @ShootingLiberalsSince1980
      Now that's a real support dog for this guy

(1) | Report

• @ShootingLiberalsSince1980 The fact that you say this, means you're part of the problem. If you believe pets are more important than a human, you clearly lack morals which is the reason why society is shit. You suck.

(0) | Report

• Humans lack unconditional love and whatever morals you think are better show me cause we live in a meat grinder liveleak shows reality fuck society fuck people and fuck you. I might also be part of the problem but that it's not my fault or yours or his that we live in a survival of the fittest competitive soul crushing society. Your putting humans on a pedestal and are blind from the fact all humans including I are pieces of meat just like any animal waiting to shed this mortal coil.

(0) | Report

• The more people I meet the more I like my dog

(25) | Report

• Poor bastard,...this should be a private moment, not recorded for social media.

(20) | Report

• There is only one kind of love
    anyone who ridicules this man for shedding tears for his loss has no empathy
    no empathy --> psychopathic tendencies...

(14) | Report

• My balls just shrunk into my stomach watching this pussy.
    He is obviously in touch with his feminine side.

(13) | Report

• @Ballkick oh you're so manly, so insecure in your masculinity. Go drink yourself into an early grave.

(3) | Report

• @Renime

gay

(0) | Report

• @Renime I had multiple pets that I really cared for. You know what I had to do when they passed away? I buried them, then had to go to work. The only time I had to shed a tear is when I got home and took a shower. After that I went on with my everyday life, missing my pets. That's how a man handles it.

Crying like a little girl for weeks is quite embarrassing. Even a Canadian called him a pussy. That's about as low as you can get.

(2) | Report

• @trenix

I suspect if you had put any thought into this, you’d realise he’s reacting to the gesture rather than “crying like a little girl for weeks”.

But you obviously haven’t.

(0) | Report

• @trenix a man handles it anyway he damn well does. No one has a right to tell anyone how they are allowed to grieve. This whole "man up" BS has to end because all it does is teach our children that men are robots who aren't allowed to express emotion so they bottle it up and it comes out in some self destructive way. Why do you think men have a higher suicide rate or have a lower life expectancy than women?

(0) | Report

• I like dogs more than most people.

(11) | Report

• fucking man up you cunt...

(10) | Report

• I'm worried if that guy keeps crying his vaginal mesh surgery will come undone

(8) | Report

• knowing by experience, you never recover when your dog dies.

(8) | Report

• I don't care how nice a gesture you may think this is. It's not. A dog is something that'll live with you for up to 15-16 years. You should be involved in every part of getting a new dog. If someone did this to me I would be really pissed.

(7) | Report

• @airetsyH According to.. you?

(0) | Report

• @airetsyH A man, gets - or decides on - his own damn dog, for his own damn self.

(3) | Report

• @Winters It's obvious that you've either never gone and gotten a puppy or you haven't given a damn about the dog. So I will take some time and explain it to you.

First of all you need to find a good breeder. One that does not breed dogs that are sick or have genetic disabilities. One that gives them checkups, registers the dogs and show a genuine interest in who the new owner is and what life the pup will get with the new owner.
      In this case, the only way the breeder could know who the owne More..

(0) | Report

• @airetsyH I've owned several dogs but you being such an arrogant twat, don't need to know that. Other than ensuring that the dog comes from a responsible breeder, everything else you stated is your own opinion. Can you tell instinct from a puppy? You must be a dog whisperer. Dickhead.

(0) | Report

• @Winters And how the fuck do you ensure that the dog comes from a responsible breeder if you never fucking see the breeder? Shit like this has all the flags of a horrible breeder. Which is just one of the reasons it's a shitty thing to do to someone.
      And you don't look at the puppy for instincts genius. You look at the parents. You may have owned hundreds of dogs for all I care, you're still coming off as a clueless cunt.

Posted 6 days ago By

(0) | Report

• Wonderful video. Dogs are all love and joy.

Happy Birthday doggy dad and Happy Home Lumo

Well done Jaleen

(6) | Report

• I know what he feels.
    But I will not take another dog knowing he will die before me.
    One time is enough.

(6) | Report

• if people dont love dogs they cant understand what great kids he has

(6) | Report

• This is sweet, but seems very personal... feel kinda weird watching this.

(6) | Report

• @GreatWalru , yea it is intensely personal , much like gov invading your property and killing your animals , even for true allegations , I support law enforcement , but have seen a few unemotional videos of ppl that could not risk getting misinterpreted, risking death to save their animals , I’m mixed emotionally, especially if these guys are up armored for military confrontation ,

(0) | Report

• Very few things as painful as losing a dog that has been a life long companion. Those that have not had this experience can not understand regardless of the explanation. Let the moron "pseudo" tough guys rave on. They know little of life.

(5) | Report

• I dont know man, i dont think id ever own a dog ever again, taking care of a pet is a pain but losing them could drive people insane from sorrow.

(5) | Report

• The instinct of actually sharing this kind of moment with all millions of others strangers and wackos is still beyond me.

The woman wanted to go viral. Not make that man happy. The campy note made sure he started crying.

Posted 6 days ago By

(5) | Report

• I don't understand why his wife decided to post this for the world to see, Let the man grieve in peace!

Posted 6 days ago By

(5) | Report

• Yep yep yep....

Dogs will do that to you.

Come here Kodiak,daddy needs to give you a hug.

(5) | Report

• I'll bet he sits down when he pees.

(5) | Report

• There is something deeply wrong with people who can't perform an act of kindness without filming it and posting it on facebook

(5) | Report

• 6 weeks ago I took my 9 year-old Doberman, who I consider a son, for a hike & he runs off and when he comes back he is limping but not bleeding. Happened dozens of times over the years so I thought nothing of it. A couple of days later he is still limping, so I take a closer look and notice his right front leg is swollen. At that point I am guessing sprain, maybe a torn ligament and a 2k vet bill if we're unlucky. Next day bring him in for an xray and they tell me 99% chance its cancer & More..

(4) | Report