Safe Mode: On
"Butter flavoring" in popcorn causes lung problems

popcorn manufacturer in Chester, Illinois has been ordered to dish out
nearly seven-point-two-million dollars to a man in Colorado. The
"Chicago Tribune" reports Wayne Watson developed a condition called
"popcorn lung" after eating microwave popcorn with labels manufactured
by the Gilster-Mary Lee Corporation. It's an irreversible condition
which makes it difficult for air to flow out of the lungs.

claimed the company, and the grocery store where he purchased the
popcorn, were negligent because they didn't provide a warning label on
the popcorn packaging, letting customers know the butter flavoring on
the popcorn could be dangerous. The Gilster-Mary Lee Corporation is
responsible for paying 80-percent of the settlement.;id=47138


Added: Sep-21-2012 
By: Nurb
Regional News
Tags: popcorn, microwave, fake, flavoring, butter,
Views: 1114 | Comments: 20 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 2
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE