Some Examples of USA Army Artillery Systems

OK, let's begin.
8 Inch M115 Towed Howitzer:

The M115 203 mm howitzer, also known as the M115 8 inch howitzer, was a towed howitzer used by the United States Army. Until the 1950s it was designated the 8 inch Howitzer M1. The original design started in 1919 but lapsed until resurrected in 1927 as a partner-piece for a new 155 mm gun. It was standardised as 8 inch Howitzer M1 in 1940. The M115/M1 was towed by the M35 Prime Mover gun tractor or a Mack 7⅓ ton 6x6 truck.

105mm M101A1 Towed Howitzer:

The 105 mm M2A1 (M101A1) howitzer was the standard light field howitzer for the United States in World War II, seeing action in both European and Pacific theaters. Entering production in 1941, it quickly entered the war against the Imperial Japanese Army in the Pacific, where it gained a reputation for its accuracy and powerful punch. The M101 fired 105 mm high explosive (HE) semi-fixed ammunition and had a range of 11,200 metres (12,200 yd), making it suitable for supporting infantry.

105mm M102 Towed Howitzer:

The M102 105mm howitzer is used in air mobile (helicopter) and light infantry operations. The weapon carriage is lightweight welded aluminum, mounted on a variable recoil mechanism. The weapon is manually loaded and positioned and can be towed by a 2 ton truck, transported by helicopter, or dropped by parachute with airborne units. When emplaced, the howitzer's high volume of fire compensates in large measure for the lower explosive weight of the projectile compared to the Army's 155mm and 8-inch howitzers. Since 1964, the Army has acquired 1,150 M102 towed howitzers. This weapon is being replaced by the M119-series 105mm Howitzer.

105mm M108 Self Propelled Howitzer:

The M108 was powered by a Detroit diesel turbocharged 8V-71T 8-cylinders 405 hp engine. It used the same hull and turret as the 155 mm M109 self-propelled howitzer, and components of the M113 armored vehicle. The M108 was phased out soon after the American intervention in the Vietnam War, as the M109's 155 mm calibre was considered better fitted for the modern war.

115mm M91 Rocket Launcher:

The M91 "toxic rocket" launcher was a 115mm, 45-tube, trailer mount for M55 rockets. The M55 rocket was a chemical weapon developed by the United States in the 1950s. The United States Army produced both Sarin and VX unitary warheads for the M55.

115mm M114A1 Towed Howitzer:

The M114 155 mm howitzer was a towed howitzer used by the United States Army. It was first produced in 1942 as a medium artillery piece under the designation of 155 mm Howitzer M1. It saw service with the US Army during World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War, before being replaced by the M198 howitzer.

155mm M109 Self Propelled Howitzer:
The M109 is an American-made self-propelled 155 mm howitzer, first introduced in the early 1960s. It was upgraded a number of times to today's M109A6 Paladin. The M109 family is the most common Western indirect-fire support weapon of maneuver brigades of armored and mechanized infantry divisions.
The M109 has a crew of six: the section chief, the driver, the gunner, the assistant gunner and two ammunition handlers. The gunner aims the cannon left or right (deflection), the assistant gunner aims the cannon up and down (quadrant). The M109A6 Paladin needs only a crew of four: the commander, driver, gunner and ammunition loader.

175mm M107 Self Propelled Gun:

The M107 175 mm self-propelled gun was used by the U.S. Army from the early 1960s through to the late 1970s. It was part of a family of self-propelled artillery that also included the M110 and was intended to provide long-range fire support in an air-transportable system. The M107's combat history in U.S. service was limited to the Vietnam War. The M107 was the last self-propelled gun (high velocity, low trajectory, long range) in the U.S. Army inventory. It shared many components with, and in many cases was replaced by later versions of, the M110.

203mm M110 Self Propelled Howitzer:

The 8 inch (203 mm) Self-Propelled Howitzer M110 was the largest available self-propelled howitzer in the United States Army's inventory. It was deployed in division artillery in general support battalions and in separate corps- and Army-level battalions. Missions include general support, counter-battery fire, and suppression of enemy air defense systems.

318mm MGR-3A M51 Little John Rocket:

The MGR-3 Little John was a free flight artillery rocket system designed and put into service by the U.S. Army during the 1950s and 1960s. It was a fin-stabilized field artillery rocket that followed a ballistic trajectory to ground targets. The M51 rocket consisted of a warhead, a rocket motor assembly, and an igniter assembly. The components were shipped in separate containers and assembled by the user

762mm MGR-1B M50 Honest John Missile:
The MGR-1 Honest John rocket was the first nuclear-capable surface-to-surface missile in the US arsenal. The rocket was designed to be capable of carrying an ordinary high-explosive warhead weighing 1500 pounds, even though that was not the primary purpose for which it was originally envisioned. During the 1960's a Sarin gas shell was also made available.
The 2 basic versions of Honest John were:
MGR-1A (M31) was 27 ft 3in long, had an engine diameter of 22.875in, a warhead diameter of 30in (762mm), a span of 104in, weighed 5820 pounds (nuclear), and had a maximum range of 15.4 miles. The Hercules Powder Company X-202 rocket motor was 197.44in long, weighed 3937 pounds, and had 90,325 pounds average thrust.
MGR-1B (M50) was 24 ft 10.53in long, had an engine diameter of 22.8in, a warhead diameter of 30in, a span of 56in, weighed 4332 pounds (nuclear), and had twice the range of the M31. The Thiokol composite propellant solid rocket motor had 150,000 pounds thrust.

MGM-29 Sergeant Guided Missile System:
The MGM-29 Sergeant was an American short-range, solid fuel, surface-to-surface missile developed at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Activated by the US Army in 1962 to replace the MGM-5 Corporal it was deployed overseas by 1963, carrying the W52 nuclear warhead or alternatively one of high explosives. It was replaced by the MGM-52 Lance and the last US Army battalion was deactivated in 1977.
Operation of the Sergeant was recognised to be an interim stage in the development of battlefield missiles. It avoided the Corporal's liquid-fuel-handling drawbacks, but still requiring extensive setup and checkout before launch, together with a train of semi-trailer support vehicles. More advanced missiles, such as the contemporary Blue Water and later Lance, would reduce this (elongated) set-up time.
The Sergeant had a takeoff thrust of 200 kilonewtons (45,000 lbf), a takeoff weight of 4,530 kilograms (10,000 lb), a diameter of 790 millimetres (31 in), a length of 10.52 metres (34.5 ft) and a fin span of 1.80 metres (5 ft 11 in). The Sergeant missile had a minimum range of 25 miles (40 km), and a maximum range of 84 miles (135 km).
The Sergeant was used as the second stage of the Scout satellite launcher, and clusters of Sergeant-derived rockets were used in the second and third stages of the Jupiter-C sounding rocket and used in the second, third, and fourth stages of the Juno I and Juno II launch vehicles.
Thiokol developed the Sergeant rocket motors—and the Castor rocket stages derived from them—at the Redstone Arsenal near Huntsville, Alabama.

MGM-31 Pershing Guided Missile System:

Pershing was a family of solid-fueled two-stage medium-range ballistic missiles designed and built by Martin Marietta to replace the PGM-11 Redstone missile as the United States Army's primary nuclear-capable theater-level weapon. The Pershing systems lasted over 30 years from the first test version in 1960 through final elimination in 1991. It was named after General John J. Pershing. The systems were managed by the U.S. Army Missile Command (MICOM) and deployed by the Field Artillery Branch.