Safe Mode: On
Fire Ball ride manufacturer says ‘excessive corrosion’ led to fatal malfunction at Ohio State Fair

The rides are safe now :)

Added: 9 days ago Occurred On: Aug-6-2017
By: Make Or Break
In:
Other News
Tags: ohio, state fair, fireball, corrosion
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States (load item map)
Views: 890 | Comments: 63 | Votes: 2 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 2
You need to be registered in order to add comments! Register HERE
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first | Highest score first
Liveleak opposes racial slurs - if you do spot comments that fall into this category, please report them for us to review.
  • And here with us is our affirmative action hire which is forced on the media more than any other entity. 13% of the population but requires 50% representation.

(6) | Report

• @BlasterMaster

(4) | Report

• Show me a carney that can properly inspect a machine like this, and i'll be a monkey's uncle.

Fuck these death trap rides.

(3) | Report

• ........TYPICAL RUSTBELT EXCUSE...................................................ffs...............

(2) | Report

• When this story first hit, I mentioned I was born and raised about 5 miles away in Columbus from where this took place. On August 3rd, I called to wish my mom a happy birthday and she told me my older sister and my niece were there attending the fair when it happened. They're okay, and they weren't there riding adult rides, my niece has 2 daughters so they were riding the little kid rides.

I was at Cedar Point on a day when a lady fell in a retention pond behind a beer concession got electro More..

(2) | Report

• Went to six flags yesterday and rode this. Was fully expecting this to happen so it made it pretty exciting. It was creaking and groaning quite a bit and all rusty.

(1) | Report

• It's CHINA Steel.

(1) | Report

• Excessive Corrosion of Conformity?

(1) | Report

• So what is the point of having inspectors if those inspectors give zero fucks about ‘excessive corrosion’?

(1) | Report

• @Mensa Cat  Carney inspectors are like internal affairs, theyre all in cahoots.

(0) | Report

• @Mensa Cat  ease up there bitchboy, you really gotta get your word in on everyones opinion dont cha. Sheesh, needless to say, you talk outta your neck and need to fuck off

(1) | Report

• @CHARGERxBOLT

I get a kick out of you assholes who hate themselves so much that they come here just to insult others yet aren't even bright enough to use context. What a retarded fudgepacking cockpuppet you are. LMFAO.

My comment had ZERO to do with any of the nonsense that you just wrote. Whose opinion "did I get my word on"? Hope it was fun because I just killed you. Die Bitch!

(0) | Report

• Good excuse, the ol' "ride it til the wheels fall off" philosophy toward maintenance.

(1) | Report

• Rust never sleeps.

(1) | Report

• KMG aint gonna have any money left to do all that shit. lawsuit city. the dead and injured will sue, and anybody who witnessed it will sue from PTSD, etc...

(1) | Report

• Inspected by dummies that don't know what rust does.I smell a lawsuit.

(1) | Report

• I'm guessing the queue for that ride won't be too long :)

(1) | Report

• Did I miss something? The company that makes the ride did the inspection and evaluation of what went wrong? Shouldn't an independent agency handle that?

(1) | Report

• Even the scrap metal yard rejected it!

(0) | Report

• when there is duct tape on the safety belts... im out

(0) | Report

• And who is to blame for alloying excessive corrosion to persist? There should be civil action against the ride owners/operators with punitive damages awarded which are so harsh the company goes out of business.

• Carnies.....

(0) | Report

• Hard to believe that excessive corrosion was to blame. Seems more like heavy wear and tear. Most of those parts involved would be made from steel which is barely corrosive especially when maintained and well lubricated. I think something snapped from the constant stress of gravity.

(0) | Report

• Blame the inspectors and Kasich.

(0) | Report

• good metallurgic detective work, now that it's too late...RIP

Posted 3 days ago By

(0) | Report

• That's awesome and no one cares.
    So the ride rusted and no one inspected it and it broke and people died got it.

(0) | Report

• So the manufacturer is saying it's not their fault. But its the manufacturer's fault- because every corporation make things just-barely-strong-enough to maximize profit. It would've co$t them more to make those steel pins and bolts thicker and with $tronger steel alloys.

• Stupid carnies!! Fuckers

(0) | Report

• I'd trust firing a gun made out of cardboard more than I'd trust any of these carnie rides.