Man dies after villagers bury him alive to cure burns from electrical high wire accident in India

In a terrible incident, a man who was struck by a high tension electric wire died after being buried alive attempting to heal his injuries in northern India.

The incident took place on September 10 in Uttar Pradesh state's Pilibhit city, with footage showing the injured man buried up to his neck as people surround him.

Joga Singh, 58, got electrocuted when a high-tension wire fell on him as he was working on his lawn, severely burnt him.

However, the superstitious townsfolk convinced Singh's family to bury him instead of rushing him to a hospital.

The severely injured Joga Singh was buried for nearly five hours.

A witness and Singh's neighbour said that he was electrocuted because of negligence from the electrical department, as the line became faulty and had not been fixed in years.

A case has been registered against the electricity department, but no case has been registered against the villagers.

Added:

By: NewsFlare (97860.00)

Tags: WTF, man, electrocuted, buried, alive, attempt, to, heal, dies.

Location: India

Loading...