Fire & Ice: Zamboni Engulfed in Flames

A manned ice-resurfacing machine caught fire Wednesday evening while cleaning one of the rinks at Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex near Monroe Community College in Brighton.

A hose carrying hydraulic fluid broke, and the leaking fluid was ignited by a hot exhaust pipe underneath the driver's seat, the ice arena explained in a statement, adding, "This was truly a fluke accident."

No one was hurt, said Lt. Ryan Fleming of the Rochester Fire Department. Not even the driver, Jordan Curtis — who, amazingly, was able to maneuver the fiery vehicle off the ice.

Added:

By: Low UFO (4284.00)

Tags: Zamboni, Fire, Fluid

Location: Brighton, New York