Trump approves strikes against Iran, then abruptly pulls back: NY Times

President Trump approved military strikes against Iran before dawn Friday but pulled back from launching them on Thursday night, the New York Times reports.

The paper cited military and diplomatic officials as saying that the US president had initially approved attacks on a handful of Iranian targets, like radar and missile batteries.

"The operation was underway in its early stages when it was called off," the Times said, citing what it called a senior administration official.

"Planes were in the air and ships were in position, but no missiles had been fired when word came to stand down," the official said.



Watch Live: www.presstv.com/live.html
Twitter: twitter.com/PressTV
LiveLeak: www.liveleak.com/c/PressTV
Facebook: www.facebook.com/PRESSTV
Instagram: instagram.com/presstvchannel

#PressTV #Iran #News

Added:

By: PressTV (18717.60)

Tags: TRUMP, iran, attack, drone

Location: us