Dozens of people are homeless after an apartment fire near Milwaukee's east side. Crews were quick to the scene as flames billowed out of the apartment near Humboldt and Capitol at about 5:30 a.m. It appears the fire started on the third floor. Several people were ready to jump out of windows, but were rescued just in time. Many others were evacuated at least temporarily on the chilly Saturday morning. At least three people were hurt, but it's believed they only suffered smoke inhalation. The Red Cross is assisting the people forced from their homes. The fire was caused by a grease fire because left an oven on.
|Liveleak on Facebook|