RIGHT little bastards...
More than 30 teenagers have attacked a Gold Coast bus, breaking every window and taunting the driver and passengers inside.
The violent group ambushed the bus at Burleigh Heads around 11.30pm (AEST) on Sunday, the Transport Workers Union says.
The union's Troy Fernandez says the attack could have been prevented if the new state government had followed through on its promise to match the safety upgrades promised by Labor.
"We are disappointed that there still hasn't been any movement on the date of when duress alarms will be installed into every Surfside bus," he said.
Prior to the March election, former transport minister, Annastacia Palaszczuk, said a duress alarm installation program could be brought forward in order to improve bus safety.
The union says the move, along with CCTV cameras in every bus, will improve safety.
"This is a serious problem and we know the government is going through a period where they are cutting costs but how do you put a cost on somebody's safety?" Mr Fernandez said.
The former government recognised there had been a growing number of attacks on bus drivers on the Gold Coast.
No injuries were reported and no charges have been laid but police investigations are ongoing.
Queensland Police Commissioner Bob Atkinson warned those responsible that they would be put before the courts.
"We'll be putting all the resources into it that we have available and obviously it's of great concern to us when things like that occur," he told reporters in Brisbane on Monday.
"If they would take any notice of me, I'd say 'give yourselves up, because we will catch you and find you' and to anyone that's so-minded, 'don't do it, because we will hunt you down'."
|Liveleak on Facebook|