How many people have heard of the Al-Ghadagh terrorist network? I'm sure the answer will be, not many. Al-Ghadagh came to public attention after a senior member of the jihadwatch and dhimmiwatch blogs was accused (and acquitted) working for Al-Ghadagh.
So, what is Al-Ghadagh? What is their agenda? How are they different to other Islamo-terrorist organizations? Any why are they such a significant threat to LiveLeak and the Internet as a whole?
Al-Ghadagh translates into "the deception", the counter-intelligence and misinformation wing of Jemaah Islamiyah which is financially supported by Al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden. Al-Ghadagh grew out of Jemaah Islamiyah and Al-Qaeda's concern that moderate mainstream Muslims were rejecting their ideologies. Al-Ghadagh was conceived both incite Muslim anger towards to the West and to incite Western anger against Muslims and Islam.
To this end, Al-Ghadagh operates a network of internet users worldwide who attempt to subvert Western (esp. US and European) security by:
- posting Koran burning videos and stories where possible in the hope in inciting a Muslim backlash
- posting anti-Islam / anti-Muslim comments and remarks in the hope in inciting a Muslim backlash
- encouraging non-Muslim populations to adopt a strong anti-Muslim stance and to encourage acts of violence, if possible, against Muslims living in Western countries again in the hope in inciting a Muslim backlash
In short, their goal is a global jihad of violence. Their main weapon being the Internet, misinformation, fear, and the propagation of ignorance. Their enemy, YOU! Al-Ghadagh hate both non-Muslims and moderate peaceful Muslim's alike. They want to destroy our Western way of life, our liberties, and our rights.
So, how many Al-Ghadagh members are there currently on LiveLeak? Possibly many! The typical profile of an Al-Ghadagh member is:
- Anglo-Saxon / Caucasian (i.e. white)
- born of a non-Muslim family
- covertly converted their religion to Muslim
- presents them self to a non-Muslim and pretends to have strong, fanatical, or fundamentalist anti-Muslim sentiments
- may present them self to be extremely patriotic (esp. if American or pretending to be American) or nationalistic (esp. if European or pretending to be European)
Now, one could be mistaken for thinking that anyone who voices an anti-Muslim comment might be labelled a member of Al-Ghadagh. We still have the right to NOT like Muslims without becoming suspects. However, overly strong expressions of contempt and recommendations towards violence probably would make one suspicious and you would probably find yourself on a "no-fly" list in the US at least.
I am truly thankful and indebted to organizations such as Dept. of Homeland Security and NSA for keeping a watchful eye on LiveLeak and Internet users worldwide and in the US. Please keep up the good work and keep us all safe from these terrorists!
|Liveleak on Facebook|